Give me a list of ten cheap places to eat on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ten meals for CI$10 each - drinks may be additional cost

Chicken! Chicken! (West Shore Centre, West Bay Rd)
Bananas (Dolphin Centre, Eastern Ave)
Chuzzco Colombian Cafe (School Rd)
Latin Taste (Shedden Rd at Mary St)
Corita's Copper Kettle (Edward St, downtown George Town)
Seymour's Jerk Centre (Shedden Rd, parking lot of Roy's Boutique)
Welly's Cool Spot (Sound Way)
Guy Harvey's Grill (Aquaworld Duty Free Mall, S Church St) - nightly special only
Singh's Roti Shop (Dr Roy's Drive at Shedden Rd)
Liberty's (Rev Blackman Rd, West Bay or Elgin Ave, George Town)

Eat out cheap. Eat like a local.

Not sure it is cheap but I'd say a definite good value for the quality/quantity of the food plus the atmosphere is Over the Edge.

I have to vote for:

Chicken, Chicken
Al La Kebab
Subway
Sunset House

Can't go wrong with Chicken Chicken. Best way to go is to get your own groceries to avoid eating every meal out. I wasted lots of $ on breakfast and lunch. Hammerheads and Rackams in George Town had cheap drinks and great views of the harbor. Plus nothing like watching all the cruise ship crazies while sitting back with a cocktail.

The Sunshine Grill at the Sunshine Suites hotel which is next door to the Ritz Carlton and is reasonable and good food.
Chicken, Chicken is good food for reasonable prices.
Coconut Joes next to Andys Car Rental on West Bay Road is good and reasonable.
Subway is in one of the shopping centers on West Bay Road.

fidel murphys

I live on island on instructor pay, Chicken Chicken, eats, Subway and get the sandwich of the day only 2.99 CI and Sunshine Suites has the best burger (is near eats, catycorner from the ritz)

Thanks everyone, you've given me a good list of places to eat.

I have always eaten where the locals eat, can't beat the price. Just ask a cabbie, they will tell you where. I totally enjoy the walk end-stand up service, friendly smiles, chicken, pork, goat, fish, veggies, soups, and rice. Some times I eat there, other times, I take my meals to my room, place in the frig for later. Evenings after diving, hit the bars for a social with divers, snack in room on return. Ready for a next day of diving. Try it, we will again in May. :wink:

The Sunshine Grill at the Sunshine Suites hotel which is next door to the Ritz Carlton and is reasonable and good food.
Chicken, Chicken is good food for reasonable prices.
Coconut Joes next to Andys Car Rental on West Bay Road is good and reasonable.
Subway is in one of the shopping centers on West Bay Road.
Second on the Sunshine Grill - get your $$$ worth plus great bartenders.
Can't go wrong with Chicken Chicken either.

Back
Top Bottom