Ginnie Springs 2/26-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The day started off a little slowly with CEE being closed til almost 10am when we had wanted to meet earlier in the day, so that pushed everything back a bit, but we enjoyed two more dives into the Devils system. First one from the ear back to the first set of double arrows just beyond the keyhole mini-restriction - i didnt make it quite that far as i was 3rd man, i just about popped through the keyhole on the turn (i was mightily impressed that my 1/6th ran as long as John's and Andy's 1/3 when i was in the DS - still not great SAC though) then drifted on out. We closely checked out the new lay of the line along the gallery floor on the way in rather than hit the ceiling and spiderman through there as neither John nor Andy had dove it in the more recent change. Even though i tried to get near the ceiling to dump my DS before coming out the ear it was in vain and i had more issues again with the whole thing going feet up - seems to be a problem coming out of these high flow caves where they push you up and out of them!

We had a long SI before dropping back in the eye with Andy doing his best Italian job on the way back out of the catacombs. We hit the restriction of the long route in the catacombs a bit before 1/3's (1/6ths depending). It was a nice, smallish, pretty much flow free lesson in keeping off the floor, everything was fine until we decided to turn at the restriction, a little silt, but nothing too bad in the end. I tried my best to keep the line tight, but Andy seemed determined to grab handfuls of line rather than reeling it in and who was i to stop him :wink:

I could have gone for 3 dives, i would like to head up there and do a few days back to back on a few systems around there, maybe around the megadive time?? Sorry we didnt spend much time with David or Jean, but it was busy around the ballroom, so i thought best not to get in there with the hundreds rototilling the basin up :wink:

H2Andy:
jean, you beat me to it. nice to meet you today!

david, great to see you after so long.

simon and john (jviehe), great two dives with you. they mark the furthest i've
ever been into the Devil's system (hey you gotta start somewhere)

also, i got to meet GDI today... ahem... he walked up just as i was trying to
untangle my reel, which... was... a mess. GDI was kind enough not to
comment on the reel too much (he did use it as a prop for his cavern class.
"Now, kids... this is what NOT to do.") :D

hey, it's all part of life's rich pageant, n'est pas?

Andy, It was a pleasure to meet you and to see you again Simon and John.

Andy, Your reel provided a good training aid to my students, so much in fact they took a picture of it. Remember to always give that reel some TLC - (Tension, Lock and Clip). I have some classes coming up again real soon so maybe we'll be able to get a dive in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom