Getting old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know I am getting old because:
The cashier keeps calling me sir.
I am getting mail from AARP
ScubaBoard is now calling me a senior member.

What is next.....15% off coffee at Micky Ds?

HMMM just noticed I hit 500... must be where the Senior member came from.

wetrat:
I recently discovered I am invisible to teenage girls. Now THAT'S old.

wetrat

Invisible is not old. When they think it's gross then you're getting there.

R..

I know for sure that I'm ancient now, because everytime I get on a dive boat the D/M looks and me and brings over the emergency O2 bottle . . . . alas . . .

the K

The Kraken:
I know for sure that I'm ancient now, because everytime I get on a dive boat the D/M looks and me and brings over the emergency O2 bottle . . . . alas . . .the K
Nope - not quite. Ancient is when the DM brings over the O2 bottle and makes sure to have two pennies to put over your eyes just in case the O2 isn't necessary.

Dectek:
I know I am getting old because:
The cashier keeps calling me sir.

What is next.....15% off coffee at Micky Ds?
Old is when you forget to ask for the senior discount, then look at the receipt and find the cashier did it without asking. :wink:

Old is when the people you remember as babies are having babies themselves, or -gulp-- their kids are having babies!

Well, I've always felt that the option to getting old was something I had no desire to pursue quite yet. Given that, I'm thankful for the fact of aging. Only had the McD coffee discount once... that was enough, but I do appreciate the discount at the movies (most of them aren't worth full price anyway).

My wife has only just hit her 30's and she was getting AARP mail long before that!

"Old" is being a HS teacher long enough to have the children of former students,as current students.

The good news(???): the AARP Hotel rate saved me $200 on my last trip. :)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom