Getting old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

=> in my teens and 20's, when I "overdid" something strenuous (and we always did!) the body would hurt the next day, but back to normal in a couple days.

=> in my 30's, when I "overdid" something the body would hurt the next day, and for a couple days max.

=> after 40, when I "overdid" something the body would not hurt so much the next day, but it hurt on the second day, and for a couple days.

=> After 45, weekends aren't far enough apart to fully recover from one weekend to the next.

Of course, I have always been a "slow learner" because I still try to do way to much.

However, in my defense, I am having fun (until the pain fully sets in) and I do way more than the average couch potato my age. I just have to pay the price, over and over again. (Naturally no one on ScubaBoard is "average", by definition).

Wristshot

Parrothead_Diver:
But luckily, I haven't hit the age yet where my mind tries to do something my body is no longer able to accomplish.
That can happen at any age depending upon the amount of alcohol consumed! :D

How bout getting magazine offers for senior citizens? Still haven't figured that one out as I am only in my 40's. Or college students calling you Ma'am and some of them are older than you? The one I like at work is a late 20's something security guard on campus who greets me everymorning when I come to work as "Hi young Lady!" :D

Back
Top Bottom