Getting into a drysuit alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackass

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Shoulder zip drysuit, no partner, how do you zip it up (and unzip it) when you are alone? Please help! (My wife is boycotting me...)

Never done it, but I've read about it. I've of heard people using a tree or their trailer hitch. Tie a piece of rope to tree/hitch (I suppose any stationary object) with a clasp that attaches to your zipper. Position yourself correctly and roll your body so that the motion closes the zipper. Hope that makes sense.

I have seen it done.

Tons of wax on the zipper and a long, heavy cord attached to the zipper pull.

They are made for this ,it is normaly nothing elses then a coldwaterrescusuit for

shipstaff by the contsrution.Mosty they are the only usabel divingsuit on board

off a cargovessel.You must use the zipercord.

E.L.7*

Seen all of the above. Works but be careful not to pull too much out of line with the zipper. It's why I specifically went for a front zip suit. No problems whatsoever when I'm doing solo dives dry.

Seen all of the above. Works but be careful not to pull too much out of line with the zipper. It's why I specifically went for a front zip suit.

Yup, and the "up charge" for a front zip suit is less than the cost of having the zipper replaced.

:crafty:

I've done it about eight times with a loop of bungee about 14" long attacched to the zipper. This seems to work much better that a longer piece of non-stretchy cord. I can't explain how to do it. If it doesn't go easilly, the zipper isn't properly aligned and you can't force it. You have to stay calm and and keep adjusting the alignment. Flexing your back like a muscle man seems to help with that as it takes the kinkable slop out of the zipper. I think. YMMV.

As mentioned above it can be done. I'm the poster kid for botching it up and have the messed up zipper to prove it. Patiently in a pinch is one thing. If you intend to make a habit of it I'd get a front zip.

Pete

It is becoming easier and more natural with practice. It helps to be limber. Patience is crucial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom