Getting into a drysuit alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

personal i just reach behind me and zip my self up. i start zipping my self up with my right arm until i get it half way zipped and then switch to my left hand and zip it the rest of the way. it took a little practice but now it is easy. all i have on the zipper is a tag that was originally on it. my dive buddies think i am a freak being able to zip up my dry suit with out needing help.

I've done it several times. It really helps to have something at the right height to hold the zipper. I used a non-stretchy cord to extend the zipper handle. I was a little afraid of screwing up my new expensive suit, but it actually went pretty well. Just remember, before you try something that has a risk of really messing up badly, yell "Hey, y'all! Check this out!" right before you do it. If you're gonna mess something up, might as well get a good story out of it.

I like to wander up to other divers with back-zip suits and say "I'll zip you if you'll zip me" in my most seductive voice :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

..it is ulgly when the zipper whent in the seal so!!!

starfish.gif

E.L.7*

My back zip wasn't too bad as long as you didn't catch the underwear in the zipper. I could actually zip it by contorting a little to reach the pull w/my right hand- pull it to about midback than reach around my head with my left hand & pull it the rest of the way shut.

& that was with a screwed up rotator cuff:D

I like to wander up to other divers with back-zip suits and say "I'll zip you if you'll zip me" in my most seductive voice :eyebrow:

But unzipping is more fun Ber!! :wink:

Well, hells bells..........I will make sure that I bring drysuit with me on NYD.......

Yes, and I am only 16 years old, is that a problem?
:11:

sorry, my moniker is jackass for a reason.

I have just tried the techniques mentioned, got to the point where people said, "don't force it" and then tried not to force it... then got scared that I was going to bust the zipper, so that sucks.

Did you ever get the smell out of your tank and figured out how to get the air out of your ankles:D:popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom