Getting into a drysuit alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice, perhaps today won't be a bust after all. Time to head to the garage to experiment.
Cheers.

It would probably be a good idea to try it with someone around to get you out in case you get stuck halfway in. They could also help with feedback on what the zipper is doing. A mirror might help. YOU CAN'T FORCE IT.

Jackass,
We all use Dive-Rite shoulder zip suits. We have a loop of rope about 3 feet long with a clip. Throw the loop around your car door mirror (Or another shoulder height object) and clip it to your zipper. Cross your arms up high and just roll your body around and zip the suit. You can invision the angle of the zipper and do the task without harming the zipper. On average I go in and out of the suit 4 or 5 times a day everyday and am on the second year of my current suit with no zipper problems. Just make sure your undergarments don't get snagged. Chuck

Umm, you're doing solo dives with only 25 - 50 lifetime dives?

Just curious.

In the days I had a backzip I used to carry some BIG nails and a hammer in my car.
Banged them in to trees,doorposts and the like.:D
Most of the nails are still there,but I now have a frontzip. :D

Umm, you're doing solo dives with only 25 - 50 lifetime dives?

Just curious.

Yes, and I am only 16 years old, is that a problem?
:11:

sorry, my moniker is jackass for a reason.

I have just tried the techniques mentioned, got to the point where people said, "don't force it" and then tried not to force it... then got scared that I was going to bust the zipper, so that sucks.

I always like to get into a drysuit with someone else! :D

Shoulder zip drysuit, no partner, how do you zip it up (and unzip it) when you are alone? Please help! (My wife is boycotting me...)

Have you tried flowers? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom