Getting Certified In Maui...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is for Maui Dreams. I have referred several students for referals there and they have all reported very positive experiences.

You might contact Ed Robinson's also. They do classes and referrals and also rent a "cottage". No idea what it's like but others here have posted that they stayed there. They're in Kihei, close to the Kihei Boat Ramp which is closest to Molokini - a site you definitely want to dive. My regular dive buddy has dove with with Ed, who found some Mantas one afternoon after predicting where they'd be...

Aloha from Maui with Maui Scuba Diving and Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures - Maui Diving Information and Hawaii Scuba resources.

One more thing to consider, maybe not popular but hey I speak from my heart :)

-- Do the pool work/academics where you are located. get a referral then do the O/W dives here....less time learning...more time diving. Afterall, why waste your time with Academics/Pool work in paradise when you can just do it wherever you are at (assuming you can)...

fishtal, I don't know how much time of your trip you are planning on spending on Maui, but if you're going to spend more than a couple of days, consider doing your class with Kidspot (who very modestly recommended somebody else above). I dove with two BRAND NEW divers (literally, their first post certification dives) that he had trained, and I was incredibly impressed with their skills and their level of comfort in the water.

I've been diving with Tim for a couple of years and I've always enjoyed having him as a buddy. But this was my first opportunity to see what his teaching skills were like. He's first rate.

I was very pleased with Maui Dreams and recommend them very highly, a very high integrity operation. I went through them to get my 35 year old PADI cert upgraded to OW.

You know we all have our favorites but something we never discuss is who would you avoid :)

fishtal, As already stated, I too recomend getting your class room and pool dives locally and get a referal to complete your certification dives on Maui...may cost a bit more but will be alot more fun and with two separate teachers, more insight (if theyr'e both good). In my limited time diving around Maui, I give two thumbs up to kidspot and shakadoug for private teaching.

Thank for all the info! I've been checking things out for the last 2 days... I'm used to researching, I've been doing it for 2 years for my marine aquarium hobby:D

I'll get back at it in the morning! Keep the comments comming!

Not a fan of the e-learning myself. I prefer a real classroom with other students to interact with. Either way though you'll have a wonderful adventure ahead.

Back
Top Bottom