Getting Certified In Maui...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I was able to alter my plans a bit today so I'm staying a bit longer; Feb 4-21:D That way I can spend more time on Maui and not have to rush taking classes. And, I can see the Whale Day stuff too!

Once you get certified, if you like, drop me a PM and we can do some shore diving together :)

Aloha, Tim

Theres a group of dive instructors on maui that have a BOAT THEY TEACH CLASSES ON, So you get easy diving instead of shore diving. Probably your best deal. If you want the best instructor on the Island shaka divers dont know if he certifies but call doug he'll tell you what he can do,I would trust his direction on going about it .

Doug Corbin (Shaka Doug) on Maui certified my wife in April of 2006. He is highly recommended!

Cool videos! Looked like a lot of Stylophora, Pocillopra, and Porites in the first one. Maybe a few Sarcophyton too?

I'd like to find someone with a small craft like in the third video to go whale watching on. Did that on my first trip back in the 80's... since then the boats kept getting bigger and more "touristy".

I would like to do the preliminary learning here but it would end up costing me almost $200 more to do it that way.

Ill put in a strong word for Shaka Divers Doug Corbin too - look him up on the web.
Besides being an excellent instructor with a well polished, logical & rememorable presentation, he seems to be friends with the inhabitants of the water.
Ask him what you want to see and he will introduce them to you. Besides he will lie on the bottom blowing bubble rings for you to swim though to have you picture taken. And still pix and videos your dives onto a disc.

gotta love how ancient threads get dug out of the abyss sometimes...

Did anybody else notice the last post in this thread was from Dec/07???

Fishtal has been here and gone by 11 months!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom