Getting Certified In Maui...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishtal

Registered
Reaction score
Aloha!

I'm new here, I was told this was the place to go to find out what I need to know. I'll be traveling to Hawaii Jan 30th- Feb 12th. I'll be staying with a friend in HNL but going to Maui and Molokai as well.

For the last 2 years I've been very involved in the Marine Aquarium hobby and have been wanting to get my SCUBA cert. I figured this would be a good place to do it:D

I'm finding many places on Maui that offer certification courses but it's hard to get a real idea of a business from a website. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be Great! I don't want to overspend or to skimp either... and I'd like a nice, friendly business to deal with.

As far as Molokai is concerned, I've only found one place that offers dives but you have to be certified....

One more thing, if anyone knows of a reasonable B&B on either island, let me know, I'm still looking.

Thanks Very much!,
Tal

Theres a group of dive instructors on maui that have a BOAT THEY TEACH CLASSES ON, So you get easy diving instead of shore diving. Probably your best deal. If you want the best instructor on the Island shaka divers dont know if he certifies but call doug he'll tell you what he can do,I would trust his direction on going about it .

I just checked his site... looks pretty good. I'll be getting in touch with him, Thanks!

check out B&B Scuba. They have a boat, some nice instructors, and can work with you via e-learning so you just do the checkout dives with them on the boat... Their website leaves a lot to be desired at the moment, but I know them very well and have only seen people having a good time on their boat and in the shop...

I hope that helps!

Sean

If you'd like to learn while diving off a boat then definitely look up B&B as they can do most/all of your training off their boat. I'd recommend asking for a few shore dives though just to get the widest range of experience.

Aloha, Tim

I've emailed B&B too, thanks!

I've sent a few of my students to B&B to do their checkout dives. They had a great experience. Brad quite often will do all the checkout dives off his boat and only charged them the cost of the boatdive. The checkouts were included which is a heck of a deal.

Shaka Doug has a fantastic reputation on Maui as well. He is a top notch instructor and knows how to make his students and customers smile. Those I've sent to him have always been more than satisfied.

I've narrowed it down to those two. Now I just have to decide how I should do it... all there or e-learning or referal....

I'd do a referral only because you'll get way more diving in while you're visiting Maui.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom