Question Caribbean diving 9/30-10/07, where is best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonaire is a great choice, you won't be disappointed. My family and I went to Buddy's last October and I am having a hard time convincing my wife we need to do dive trips anywhere else now!

@mattfish AKR in March is a fair bet. The Northers usually abate by then. The nice thing about AKR is that they are so well established that if they’re blown out they will bus you to their landing on the South side where you’ll load onto their dive boats.

Many West dive ops say they will take you to dive on the South shore to avoid the Northers- but you do not want to get there via their dive boat.

IF you’re talking about just going over to their North side location to use them for a day during your week at CCV, you can easily decide that with a quick look at the immediate weather. It would offer you a good chance to compare the two top resorts on Roatan.
What do AKR and CCV mean?

If you could push the trip up by 1 week, you could get a Deluxe room on the roatan aggressor for around 2100 PP.

What do AKR and CCV mean?
AKR Anthony Key Resort
CCV Coco View
FIBR or FI Fantasy Island
TBR Turquoise Bay Resort
MLR Media Luna Resort
BFK Barefoot Key
RHR Reefhouse Resort
FMC Fort Morgan Cay
CBL Camp Bay Lodge
PBR Paya Bay

RoAgg Roatan Aggressor

RTB Juan Manuel Galvez Airport (not ROA!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom