Getting a covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We will be in Cozumel in May and as per CDC requirement, we will need to get covid test done before our return flight.

We are staying at Palmer Condos and there is no in-house testing (AFAIK).

I was looking at Farmacias del Ahorro. They have the cheapest antigen test as advertised.

Are they reliable?
Do we need appointments?
What are other alternatives?
If we are flying back on Saturday @2:00 pm, can we get tested on Wednesday afternoon?

Thanks

I have seen on coz 4 u on facebook there is also someone who will come directly to your home to test everyone . I dont know if u meant if the test is reliable or the pharmacy but If i tested positive I'm testing again asap.

I just returned from Cozumel three days ago. There is a walk in hospital clinic around the corner from the Casa Mexicana. We also flew out on Saturday and did the test early Thursday morning to accommodate our morning dives. If you go there and schedule an appointment, it’s cheaper than just walking in. I think we got a discount for staying at the Mexicana, although I don’t believe they verified it. It was $32 American per test and took about a half hour.

We will be in Cozumel in May and as per CDC requirement, we will need to get covid test done before our return flight.

We are staying at Palmer Condos and there is no in-house testing (AFAIK).

I was looking at Farmacias del Ahorro. They have the cheapest antigen test as advertised.

Are they reliable?
Do we need appointments?
What are other alternatives?
If we are flying back on Saturday @2:00 pm, can we get tested on Wednesday afternoon?

Thanks
Ahorro is not doing COVID testing anymore. Go to Simi Labs or try to schedule a home visit from them.

Isn't there at least one mobile service on Cozumel that will come to your hotel and administer the test?

Isn't there at least one mobile service on Cozumel that will come to your hotel and administer the test?

I think there are a bunch - private Dr and Costamed for sure.

I hope that this will change to honoring my Covid Vaccination card by the time I leave the county in July. I had to correct the date on the second jab myself, but I guess it'll work.

I hope that this will change to honoring my Covid Vaccination card by the time I leave the county in July. I had to correct the date on the second jab myself, but I guess it'll work.
Maybe it will but I wouldn't count on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom