Changing Covid testing requirements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a joke, the cold and flu never went away. Keep drinking the koolaid Don.
"Over the past two years, hospitals across the nation saw record lows in influenza cases. Health experts attribute the decrease in cases to better hygiene and people wearing masks."

Now you don't have to wear masks on planes, but it's safer if you do, so what's your plan??
Well.... So I am triple shotted. I didn't get 4 yet. There are degrees of everything. My greatest worry was the missus and her issues, but she is triple shotted with dose of omicron, so I think she is good. I managed not to get it living with her, so I think I would probably go maskless given by all reports its generally mild these days. Probably with pants though...

Hey but if there is a cough or hacking or sniffling germ spreader around me, I might slide it back on....

I get it that people still want to wear it, that fine. And I do really believe masking was probably more effective for flu and so forth. So if you want to avoid that a mask probably helps.

Have to see how Southwest handles it. They could still have a masking policy in place. I am sure their legal beagles are on it as we speak.

Hey, Coz still has the inside masking, so I guess no matter what, we will need to mask up getting off the plane? I am ok with that. That sweltering press of humanity in the immigration line is too much anyway....

Speaking of that, when does their policy come in? Do we need to mask up entering their airspace or maybe every flight going there? I heard some flights out of the US didn't require masks if the destination country didn't require them?

Have to see how Southwest handles it. They could still have a masking policy in place. I am sure their legal beagles are on it as we speak.
I just heard that airlines will not be enforcing a mask mandate.

I just heard that airlines will not be enforcing a mask mandate.
Apparently you are correct. I mean there is no mandate, but I wonder if policy would follow quickly.

Now about that going to a country that requires it....

AA has officially dropped it

I got back to Canada from Cozumel yesterday. Masks are mandated within the Cozumel airport (and any and all indoor spaces except when eating) and on the airport shuttles. So you need to put a mask on upon landing there if coming from the US. (Masks are still required on all Canadian flights, so we are masked from beginning to end...but no testing for fully vaxxed peeps.)

After a couple of horrible years with virtually no tourist business, I can tell you that many Cozumelanians are still wearing masks outdoors to try to avoid more lockdowns. Anyone working in the tourist industry is required to wear masks regardless of where they are, so waiters and waitresses at beaches clubs and restaurants are masked..

After a couple of horrible years with virtually no tourist business, I can tell you that many Cozumelanians are still wearing masks outdoors to try to avoid more lockdowns. Anyone working in the tourist industry is required to wear masks regardless of where they are, so waiters and waitresses at beaches clubs and restaurants are masked..

There's no data to suggest wearing masks outdoors does anything at all to reduce covid.

There's no data to suggest wearing masks outdoors does anything at all to reduce covid.
Yet, it's been required all along hasn't it? The governor's requirement?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom