Get together Aug 20/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, tanks are full of hot air.
(So am I?) :wink:

I'm keeping track of this thread for possible BEACH dives in Broward County that might work around my work schedule.
I plan to call Marvelous Marvel and Scuba Jenny for last minute firming up of plans, etc.

After that, my next planned dive is Chick Dive on 9/4.
TTF

Night dive LBTS thursday night 8/19 @ 8-8.30 (depending on how long it takes us to get down from Orlando that evening), just to add to your list of things to do :wink:

simbrooks:
Night dive LBTS thursday night 8/19 @ 8-8.30 (depending on how long it takes us to get down from Orlando that evening), just to add to your list of things to do :wink:

Awesom, Simon!! I promise, we'll stay on the first reef!! :wink:

BTW- does anyone who is planning on being around Thursday &/or Friday have any lift bags &/or sausages?

Marvel:
BTW- does anyone who is planning on being around Thursday &/or Friday have any lift bags &/or sausages?

What do you have in mind, Marvel? :eyebrow:

(I have an extra sausage (really!) that I'll be glad to loan you if you need one. You can use the real, official salchichon de zambuille!!!)
-Grier

Can bring a flag and some inflatable sausages for the BBQ!

As much as I would like to, I will not be diving on Thursday, since it is a school night, however, I will stop by and say HI. Friday sounds good for a dive.
Marvel, give me a call. I will make that airport run. Just give me the details

Beyond the night dive, which we can organise ourselves, i just called Tavernier Dive Centre to reconfirm and order up nitrox rentals for the wreck dives and they seem a little confused about the whole deal.

I asked them for nitrox to do the deeper wreck dives, and also what reefs we might hit on the way in from those wrecks due to Becky and i diving reefs the day before (hoping not to dive same site twice), they mentioned that they had two wrecks scheduled for the afternoon and reefs for the morning (in the books) - this kind of concerned me. Can someone who is higher up in the pecking order of organising this trip shed some light?? I was only speaking to a shop monkey who was reading from the schedule book for what was set for the SB/SD trip, the owner isnt back til friday. So what is the deal???

simbrooks:
...they mentioned that they had two wrecks scheduled for the afternoon and reefs for the morning (in the books) - this kind of concerned me. Can someone who is higher up in the pecking order of organising this trip shed some light?? I was only speaking to a shop monkey who was reading from the schedule book for what was set for the SB/SD trip, the owner isnt back til friday. So what is the deal???

Simon, you may find it handy to check out the appropriate thread on Single Divers, which details the weekend's plans. However, those dives are planned as you understood them; I believe the reason the shallow dives are first is b/c another group had already requested that plan for the AM dives....

Everyone enjoy; I plan to try to head down Friday PM to socialize, and will be around Sunday for some AM beach dives...don't know if I'll be on the afternoon dives yet or not...

KBeck:
Simon, you may find it handy to check out the appropriate thread on Single Divers, which details the weekend's plans. However, those dives are planned as you understood them; I believe the reason the shallow dives are first is b/c another group had already requested that plan for the AM dives....
I am not on SD, but will try to find the thread if possible. So still i ask, what course of action is needed, or is there just a misunderstanding. Are we still pushing for the original plan (Eagle-reef, Duane-reef sets) or just going with whatever the operation suggests even after setting up this trip with them, special pricing and planning around that?? If we dont get the desired wreck dives and just dive a whole host of reefs, or confirmation that things are set up as we had previously thought i might consider jumping ship and seeing what other options there are around Key Largo, would like to know where we stand on this trip planning as it is a bunch of cash to drop if we dont get what we thought was planned originally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom