Get together Aug 20/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the more reason for a 12G power head, and when you surface after putting a hole in the boat you apologize "Oh, sorry, thought you were another of the typical arse hole boaters here who dont know what a dive flag is. I guess you were here to tell me you were enforcing the law stating that boaters are to stay 300' from a dive flag because there are people under it who could dive from boat props hitting them in the HEAD, eh?" Of course, you have to get the guy to turn off his motor first, so you can hear him. At that point buddy diver is under and pulling the cotterpin from the prop.. Not that I'd do that to law enforcement, but it'd give them a lot to explain later.

Scuba_Dad:
I got fussed at by the WPB Sherrif's dept about diving under the fishing pier at Blue Heron bridge. The only reason he fussed at me was because my son had ear problems. Then the sherrif went over my 11 yr old daughter and my dive buddy (instructor) and revved his engine over their head.. yes.. they had a dive flag. The dive flag doesn't apply to the sherrif's dept...

The deputy said that diving under or near a fishing pier was illegal.

Al

Trish The Fish:
Most likely TRY for the beach dive Friday 8/20 or Sat night 8/21.

Are there any divers willing to tolerate an "air hog"?
(an hour at 30 feet)
Ideally if I'm not the only chick diver... awesome.
I don't like to hold anyone back from long dives.
Would I be able to coordinate a "last minute dive"
Would I do that by knowing where you are staying locally?
Or a cell phone?
Sorry about the "last minute dive" thingy... but I work mostly on weekends but erratic work schedule... and diving schedule depends on work schedule.

QUOTE: "... South Florida August 20th-23rd & we wanted to extend an invite to all of our scubaboard.com friends to join in as well!
Here is the current agenda that we have set up. Come join us for ALL or PART- It’s going to be a BLAST!!!..."

GF! You KNOW you are welcome to dive with me!! I'll PM you with my cell & Jenny knows it as well. Any diving we can do before hand ( all in the name of "training" of course! :wink:

cth6:
Sounds great! Already on a boat for Sat AM and PM, but the Sun afternoon dive sounds great.

Chad

Awesome, Chad! We'll PM you with the boat details.

cool1.gif
Jenny! I knew we could lure you into a night dive....

As for what you heard about the pier, I cannot confirm that at all. Wes, Tony & I dove it today & there were other divers & snorklers galore. I've benn diving around it a few times & never got hassled. Since it is closed, I can't see that it would be such a tremendous issue.

Colin- do me a favor & bring some of your shears when you come over, OK? I wish we could have them for Friday. If you're coming this way before, let me know.

Joe- I hope I can keep up with your swimming by then- you sure can kick, guy! :wink:

Scuba_Jenny:
Will be interested in the Friday late afternoon dives and possibly Sunday beach dives.

I just heard yesterday that they (whoever "they" are, marine patrol perhaps?) are not letting divers near the pier, and telling them to go away. How true this is, I do not know.

anyone have a total price for any of this I trying to get off work .

Might be down that way for that weekend in any case. Not sure about affording the keys dives, will have to see, particularly after doing a similar set only two weeks before! Have you got a nice discount say $40 per two tanker worked out with this operation? I would be interested in things on saturday and sunday for sure, not sure about friday and monday quite yet, will see.

Ok just booked with these guys for AM and PM. It seems the AM boat is full or very close now. They suggested it was chalked up as an Eagle/Reef then Duane/Bibb trip, maybe a 3 tanker - direct from Tavernier Dive Centre. It does seem to be a discount of $58 for the 2 tanker rather than $68, nitrox is about 14/16 a tank rental. Just like the other trip, not sure if its best just to rent and not have the hassle during the port time of trying to get a ton of tanks filled or just rent a set of the second dive trip.

Will have to see what/where/when you will be shore diving before committing to that as well. :wink:

Wish I could go but I'll be in Wisconsin. Land of the cheese.
back40

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom