German tanks in US….DOT cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are the neck threads M25x2

Something isn't right here. The Europeans have a different DIN first stage connector for valves/first stages that are used in Nitrox/O2 service. I am not an expert but the valve says M26X2 which appears to be odd, the normal thread for European tanks is M25X2 NOT M26X2. This needs to be clarified.

My super sweet, yet illegal tanks. Still don’t know why they won’t accept European certified tanks here. I get third world, but germans make some sweet stuff. Even the Italians used German O2 tanks when they climbed K2 instead of their leaky Italian ones.

Anywho…8.5L, 232 Bar paper weights.
Those are terrific cylinders, especially for sidemount. I've a pair and really like them.

Pity about the parochial cylinder rules in the US.

Something isn't right here. The Europeans have a different DIN first stage connector for valves/first stages that are used in Nitrox/O2 service. I am not an expert but the valve says M26X2 which appears to be odd, the normal thread for European tanks is M25X2 NOT M26X2. This needs to be clarified.
Interesting

Except its a 5 not a 6 with a slight smear

M25x2 is what is stamped on the valve for the neck threads. Those are not M26 DIN fittings which nobody in Germany actually uses and certainly not on doubles.

thread for the valve is stamped on the tank itself: M25

Attachments

• M25.png
    M25.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 39

They look more like 55s man 7L!

From the title of this thread I was thinking Panzers or Tigers. Whew!

A must watch

Except its a 5 not a 6 with a slight smear

M25x2 is what is stamped on the valve for the neck threads. Those are not M26 DIN fittings which nobody in Germany actually uses and certainly not on doubles.

I am only cautioning of what appears to be a discrepancy from the picture.

It was late.... I was tired.... Should have known...:D:rofl3:

My super sweet, yet illegal tanks. Still don’t know why they won’t accept European certified tanks here. I get third world, but germans make some sweet stuff. Even the Italians used German O2 tanks when they climbed K2 instead of their leaky Italian ones.

I was going to make an offer but @rjack321 beat me to it. To be honest after seeing pictures I couldn't afford them anyway. They would put all my other gear to shame, lol. Beautiful tanks.

There is a guy locally that will hydro tanks that have been condemned, he charges $35 but obviously isn't willing to mark them. No reason you can't find someone like that for peace of mind every 5 years and just fill them yourself. At least that's what I would do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom