GEAR STOLEN - Union Lake boat ramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is indeed awful. We've been diving there for years and I never heard of anyone having anything stolen. That settles it. I will continue donning everything in the parking lot and making the trudge across the road fully geared up.

I assume you dropped off a list of your stuff at U/W Outfitters. If not, send me your list and I'll do it for you.

lakesdiver:
I assume you dropped off a list of your stuff at U/W Outfitters. .

A good idea. Sometimes people think stuff is abandoned and take it somewhere safe.

lakesdiver:
That is indeed awful. We've been diving there for years and I never heard of anyone having anything stolen. That settles it. I will continue donning everything in the parking lot and making the trudge across the road fully geared up.

I assume you dropped off a list of your stuff at U/W Outfitters. If not, send me your list and I'll do it for you.

Thank you for the offer, but Underwater Outfitters was my first call after the Sheriff.

20 Southeastern Michigan dive shops now have a complete list of gear with serial numbers.

The list went out yesterday but unfortunately one dive shop didn't read the email until today. They had someone in their store yesterday trying to sell some used gear. As their policy is to never buy used, gear the salesperson sent the guy away without finding out what he had for sale. They checked the surveillance video but the guy's face wasn't clearly visible.

Major bummer! But, it was most likely some guy that was cleaning out his basement.

I'd love to find out who took the gear. What a mess!
Paula

I managed to gather nearly everything I need to dive this weekend from my basement, my father and my one sister. It pays to have family that doesn't dive cold anymore!

The one thing I did have to buy was a new dry suit hose. It was $70 freakin' bucks!!!! Why aren't all quick disconnects standard???

I would have done some digging for something cheaper but I needed it quick. & insurance should reimburse me.

But, I still feel hosed!

Paula

It might be worthwhile to place a gear wanted ad in the local papers. Something generic like WTB Scubapro Regs and tanks. Who knows you may catch the person trying to sell you back your regs and tanks. Try to keep us posted on the ebay front. I am looking for Scubapro regs and don't want to buy your (or anyone elses) stolen ones. Sometimes I wonder about all those people buying late model scuba equipment at yard sales, flea markets, and estate sales. I know when I go to those places I never find anything.

ams511:
It might be worthwhile to place a gear wanted ad in the local papers. Something generic like WTB Scubapro Regs and tanks. Who knows you may catch the person trying to sell you back your regs and tanks. Try to keep us posted on the ebay front. I am looking for Scubapro regs and don't want to buy your (or anyone elses) stolen ones. Sometimes I wonder about all those people buying late model scuba equipment at yard sales, flea markets, and estate sales. I know when I go to those places I never find anything.

Thank you for the idea. Hadn't thought about doing that previously.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom