Gauges, gauges, gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jj_freelord:
Thanks, yomar. Trying my best to get back into active status. It's such a pain :)

Well, shugar and jonix, flying is pretty cool. You aren't alone in wanting to do it. Big bucks though. You can get your private pilot's license whenever you want to. Even when you're going on 105 (you'll need someone there to make sure you don't croak).

Halthron, I wish I could say that it's a good place to learn to fly. When I was working for the government (keeping an eye on airlines, trying to keep airplanes from dropping out of the sky--didn't work all the time), I can only recomment PAL Avschool (expensive), the others I'd rather not say.

halthron:
I wonder if the typical answer to what plane to buy would be "backplate and wing?"
Around here, I wouldn't be surprised :D

It's already too late to start on the flying thing, jonix. Hijacked (not just in progress). Maybe you guys can PM me if you're still curious :05:
ganito nalang... why don't YOU teach us to fly???

what you think guys?!?

Jag

shugar:
jj_freelord:
Thanks, yomar. Trying my best to get back into active status. It's such a pain :)

Well, shugar and jonix, flying is pretty cool. You aren't alone in wanting to do it. Big bucks though. You can get your private pilot's license whenever you want to. Even when you're going on 105 (you'll need someone there to make sure you don't croak).

Halthron, I wish I could say that it's a good place to learn to fly. When I was working for the government (keeping an eye on airlines, trying to keep airplanes from dropping out of the sky--didn't work all the time), I can only recomment PAL Avschool (expensive), the others I'd rather not say.

halthron:
I wonder if the typical answer to what plane to buy would be "backplate and wing?"
ganito nalang... why don't YOU teach us to fly???

what you think guys?!?

Jag

pede pede :D

Wish I could teach you guys to fly. I'm not an instructor though :sad_2: But I do know a few if you guys ever want to take lessons.

jj_freelord:
Wish I could teach you guys to fly. I'm not an instructor though :sad_2: But I do know a few if you guys ever want to take lessons.
no need for formal lessons... just tell me where the "start" button is and the basics... ehhehehehe

Jag

I heard something about guages, so here's a pretty picture with absolutely no post content from me :wink:.

Seriously though, Mares gauges are pretty cheap and reliable, the same goes for Oceanic and Sherwood.
I somewhat prefer the font/typeface on the Oceanic gauges makes it a bit easier to read.

IMG_0487.jpg

shugar:
no need for formal lessons... just tell me where the "start" button is and the basics... ehhehehehe

Ah, jag. The small prop airplanes are like cars. You need a key and a start procedure that's a little more complicated than a car. Jets on the other hand...all you need to do is literally push the start button for each engine. The one I fly has it on the center panel between the seats of the flight crew. Just don't try to land one of these babes in airports like Caticlan, the Aircraft Accident Investigation Board (counterpart in the US would be the NTSB) will be picking the pieces up either from a large hole on that nice little hill at one end of the runway or from the sea on the other :D

I know I've chosen a qauge but since I haven't bought it yet, I'll certainly take a look at the other brands, jamdiver. Thanks for the recommendation. And your console looks pretty good. Now if only it were the size in the picture :)

you need a key????? how low-tech is that????

well, if i win the lotto tomorrow i'll definitely ask for a referral to a good flight instructor... and a nice single-engine w/ pontoons... i don't think the owners of balai would mind my "dropping" in and mooring for a weekend of diving

btw, how does flying in a single prop affect no-fly times? or does it only count for pressurized cabins?

Jag

Back
Top Bottom