Garuda direct to Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 09.40.06.png

Trying the Garuda website, it appears that the only direct flight is from Jakarta and is a red-eye:

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 10.10.27.png

The return looks to be reasonable times:

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 10.10.12.png

Does anyone know more about it?

- Bill

Absolutely correct, no direct flights.

However, either going from Jakarta or through Manado, that's good.

Batik has non-stop flights Jakarta to Sorong and "direct" flights.. same flight number but stops in Makassar. Easy way to differentiate is to look at the flight duration..

Flew Garuda to Raja Ampat last week from Australia In order to get international baggage allowance on domestic legs. Because Garuda don't fly out of Brisbane we had to fly Brisbane-Sydney-Denpassar-Makassa-Sorong. Sorong-Makassa-Jakarta-Sydney-Brisbane. Four legs each way to get to the country next door.
Garuda direct Jakarta to Sorong would have saved us one flight each way. I'd take it.

Last edited:
Going via Jakarta is much further west than via Denpasar though..

next week I'm doing SYD-KUL-CGK-UPG-SOQ

I've done the redeye from Jakarta to Sorong on Garuda. Was fine. There is a proper direct flight (the one in Bill's first pic is the right one), others stop in Makassar. About 4 hours direct. If flight time says 6'ish hours, it stops in Makassar.

All resorts/lob's schedule transfers to meet the early arrival flights on the relevant transfer days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom