Garuda direct to Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As many others do, I wish to avoid Batik and any airlines except for Garuda if I possibly can.

That is the reason I posted the title as GARUDA non-stop to RA.

- Bill

Hi, im flying in a couple of weeks Garuda to Jakarta but opted to fly Batik from Jakarta as was half the price & direct. The Garuda wasent direct accept 1 flight if I remember correctly.

Can you tell me why Batik is best avoided?

Hi, im flying in a couple of weeks Garauda to Jakarta but opted to fly Batik from Jakarta as was half the price & direct. The Garauda wasent direct accept 1 flight if I remember correctly.

I would definitely plan to arrive 24 hours in advance of my LOB or resort boat departure.

I have been on LOBs which left without expected (and pre-paid) passengers. Great for the remaining passengers!

- Bill

I would definitely plan to arrive 24 hours in advance of my LOB or resort boat departure.

I have been on LOBs which left without expected (and pre-paid) passengers. Great for the remaining passengers!

- Bill

That bad really?

I arrive 7:30am the day of my boat departure overnight flight.

Now im worrying.

What time is the boat scheduled to depart?

In general flights leaving in the morning have a better on time rate. Since yours probably leaves late at night you may be delayed. The delays tend to stack up on each other throughout the day, so a latenight departure can be delayed by 5 hours or more.
Make sure you have the phone # of your cruise director of your LOB. Sometimes they will hold a boat sometimes you may be searching for a speedboat to get you to your departed LOB.
In most threads here we advise people to arrive a day early so as to not be that person that everyone gives the stink eye to as they wait in harbor for them to arrive. Being that one is a great way to win enemies and funny looks.

Hi, im flying in a couple of weeks Garuda to Jakarta but opted to fly Batik from Jakarta as was half the price & direct. The Garuda wasent direct accept 1 flight if I remember correctly.

Some people simply prefer Garuda. Personally it's because they are part of SkyTeam and I want the frequent flyer miles. If you're a once off Indo traveller, that probably won't matter to you. If you're regularly buzzing around, it makes sense.

The only choices are Bali to Jakarta with the red eye to Sorong, or Bali to Makassar with a 3:30am departure to Sorong. In Makassar, I book a room at the airport for the early morning (or is it late at night) departure. The new Garuda terminal in Jakarta rocks though. In contrast to billt4sf, I usually arrive the morning of my departure. Usually, there is one more flight later that morning or early afternoon that will accommodate lost bags and passengers. Everyone has their own comfort level for domestic Indonesia flights and arriving the day before certainly mitigates angst.

Back
Top Bottom