FXCCR how's the unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a pool demo on the FXCCR a few months ago and had a hard time making it breathe well in any position, regardless of loop volume. I have not tried the choptima but my friends that dive it assure me it breathes well…

I did a pool demo on the FXCCR a few months ago and had a hard time making it breathe well in any position, regardless of loop volume. I have not tried the choptima but my friends that dive it assure me it breathes well…
How much of that is due to the counterlungs being chest-mounted, vs. general line resistance?

Different CL positioning compared to typical back/shoulder mounted 'type T' designs. Some divemed people have remarked that front/chest mounted lungs would have positive static lung loads, which is hypothetically better in some ways, but not yet adequately tested underwater.

Or do you think there is cross-sectional restriction on the breathing paths or canister?

Anyone else personally experienced direct head-to-head comparisons vs. Choptima, Triton, GBM, or the Halcyon thing?

How much of that is due to the counterlungs being chest-mounted, vs. general line resistance?

Or do you think there is cross-sectional restriction on the breathing paths or canister?

I’m unsure as I only spent about 15 minutes on it since my primary goal that day was to try the Flex2. I will say the FXCCR I found difficult on both inhale and exhale, in various positions, and attempted to adjust lung volume…just couldn’t make it feel good to me. The guys I know that dive the choptima say the shape and position of the lungs help compensate for the chest mount position, but I haven’t yet tried one to compare. Will report back if I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom