Fundamentals 1 & 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes but whats the class cost for Fundies 1/2? Like most scuba places, it is rare for a GUE instructor to have their prices listed online. Primer is 400, fundies was 700. Is the new fundies 1 and 2 = 1100? Or is it more? Or less?

Has anyone found out/inquired yet?

Yes but whats the class cost for Fundies 1/2? Like most scuba places, it is rare for a GUE instructor to have their prices listed online. Primer is 400, fundies was 700. Is the new fundies 1 and 2 = 1100? Or is it more? Or less?

Has anyone found out/inquired yet?

We are running a fundies 1/2 in Calgary at the end of the month, cost is $700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are running a fundies 1/2 in Calgary at the end of the month, cost is $700.

for the whole thing? so if you take only part one it's 350? (plus GUE's cut)

Wifebuddy and I were scheduled to start Primer tomorrow - this was almost a year in the making and we had registered over a month ago. After seeing this thread and exchanging a few emails with our instructor in the last couple of days, we're now officially in Fundies 1 (from the GUE calendar, our class is the first ever Fundies 1, so that might be my one and only claim to fame :p )
As far as I can tell, nothing is really changing for us - class schedule is the same, 2 days for classroom/pool + 1 day for ocean dives and the descriptions of Primer and Fundies 1 also look mostly identical in the standards doc.

How does the certification work? Is there a certificate for Fundies 1 and one for 2?
I assume that most will take 1 and 2 together.

According to the most recent version of the standards there is a recreational rating and a technical rating for Fundamentals Part 1 and Fundamentals Part 2. I don't understand the point of a tech rating for part 1. You will still have to get a tech rating in part 2 to advance to tech or cave.

You can do 1 or both, rec and tec passes depend on your configuration, single vs doubles.

According to the most recent version of the standards there is a recreational rating and a technical rating for Fundamentals Part 1 and Fundamentals Part 2. I don't understand the point of a tech rating for part 1. You will still have to get a tech rating in part 2 to advance to tech or cave.
If you are trying to figure out how to get a tech pass, showing up for class with doubles and a light is probably a good start.

If you are trying to figure out how to get a tech pass, showing up for class with doubles and a light is probably a good start.

Now why would Beiji need another Fundies tech pass?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom