Full fills on HP Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool, when we going diving? I'll take a hit with a wee bit of helium if you would. :wink:

Bring 'em over Harry, I should be able to fill up your doubles to 4000 psi in less than 30 seconds. :shocked2:

Yes, I have Helium, too. :wink: How much do you need?

...I've occasionally gotten short fills everywhere else, but Bamboo Reef in Monterey seems to be the next-best shop in terms of going out of their way to meet customer requests on fills...

That's a different experience than I had. I brought in some HP cylinders and they short filled them; 2900 when I picked them up. When I asked for a top-off, I got some lame answer from the fill kid. I responded with, "oh, you'll fill my LP doubles to 3500, but you won't even fill my HP tanks to the rated pressure."

I haven't been back since.

And some people wonder why LDS's are falling like flies.

I am considering purchasing HP 100 steel tanks but I have heard that it can be difficult to get full fills on HP tanks. Are there LDS in the Bay Area (SF, Peninsula, South Bay) or Monterey where one can reliably get full fills on HP tanks?

Thanks for your help

Why buy HP Tanks. I would buy LP steel's. Low presssure may last longer and not effected by the heat and not stressing the steel. I have 2 lp 95's and get to shop people hook up 3000 psi and ove fill a little. I can't reminder the last timei got a bad fill.

That's a different experience than I had. I brought in some HP cylinders and they short filled them; 2900 when I picked them up. When I asked for a top-off, I got some lame answer from the fill kid. I responded with, "oh, you'll fill my LP doubles to 3500, but you won't even fill my HP tanks to the rated pressure."

Yep, at most places, it's highly variable, especially if they have new people every few months manning the fill station. I've had some people try to hook up fill whips to both posts on the doubles, at a shop that pumps trimix. That's probably a lot of the hassle you get to avoid with your own compressor (jealous btw).

But as far as general shop policy (as set by the shop owners), my limited experience has been the above holds true.

I fill HP-120 in Diver Dan's - they always fill them to 3400 - 3500 PSI.
Sport Chalet always fill them only up to 3000 PSI(or less).

I won't say where I work at, but I will tell you that this; my HP 100's are always at 3500 and never under filled. I wonder why? Oh maybe it's because I fill them myself.... :)

If I am filling my own tanks I would consider 3500 psi a short fill :D

If I am filling my own tanks I would consider 3500 psi a short fill :D

Hahaha,

Peter this is a setup, you are trying to get me to tell the truth... LOL I already got in trouble when another member on the board blasted me for my excitement about working at a dive shop.

Now you want me to tell the truth of how much PSI I really put into my Worthington's. No way dude, the scuba police will get me if I share that info. :D

So how about I tell you this, I have more PSI than I can blow your way... :mooner:

Mike...

Hahaha,
So how about I tell you this, I have more PSI than I can blow your way... :mooner:

Mike...

I am sure I could blow the plugs right out of those tanks. I really do not need more than 151cf in a single, so what is the point? :idk: If I need anything more I have a set of doubles that hold 240cf :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom