Full Disclosure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, a Jersey Upline is a Yankee thing...specifically a Jersey thing that wreck divers in New Jersey came up with. It's basically a piece of safety gear. It looks like a long thin reel with handles at both ends. Most divers make their own. They wind biodegradable line onto the reel (sisal I think) and tie a lift bag to the end of the line. It is traditionally attached to the back of their doubles, out of the way, with thin pieces of inner tube so it can easily be removed.

It is used as an emergency anchor line if needed. Put a little air into the lift bag and hold onto the handles as the bag surfaces, then follow the line up as deco stops are completed. Once the diver surfaces s/he cuts the line and let's it drop to the bottom, folds up the lift bag and swims back to the boat.

Good description......but it is worth noting that this piece of gear so widely used not so many years back has mainly been replaced by modern quality reels for wreck diving.

My buddies and I came up with some rules for determining whether or not you could be considered a true Texan. Two of the 3 must be met for this to work otherwise while I still might like you, you're not a true Texan.

1. Born here
2. Rasied here
3. Lived here half your life.

I don't want to upset anybody here, so please don't let me do that; but --

shouldn't y'all be spelled as y ' all as opposed to ya ' ll ??
as in " you all" abbreviated y'all ?? Just askin'
with "you all" to be interpreted as "all of you" ??

why you liberal pinko commie bass turd, I oughtta...

You forgot the old "Texan by injection" for those marrying in........

I think that would fit under #6. We could ask the Texas Supreme Court for a ruling, though.

My buddies and I came up with some rules for determining whether or not you could be considered a true Texan. Two of the 3 must be met for this to work otherwise while I still might like you, you're not a true Texan.

1. Born here
2. Rasied here
3. Lived here half your life.

Numbers 1 and 3 seem clear-cut. Define "raised here" please. :confused:

Numbers 1 and 3 seem clear-cut. Define "raised here" please. :confused:

Where do you recount your childhood? If there is question, I would say... you don't apply.

I was born in Indiana and have formative childhood memories from North and South. I moved to Texas at 14, just in time to start the agony of high school. I have only vague childish memories from Indiana. I consider myself a Texan now. Maybe I'll really always only be an Adopted Texan but I know where I call home. :flag:
Pecan Pie (pr. PEE-CAN-PI), anyone? :wink:

PAH-KAHN... there is no "PEE" in our nuts!

Agreed!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom