Full Disclosure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I feel I owe it to my Swamper brethren to come clean before someone discovers this and it becomes an uncontrollable scandal ...

Some of you may be aware that I'm not actually a Texan. I was born and raised in NY and didn't get here until 15 years ago. In fact my son and dive buddy Stephen is actually in college back in NY right now.

I've gone and asked to join the DiveNY group - and they accepted me. I do it to remain connected to my heritage and to support my son "up North". I hope the Swampers will find it in their hearts to allow me to hold this unusual dual citizenship.

Either way I'm not giving back the DIMWIT shirts - they're just too cool.

I anxiously await your decision and look forward to whatever crap you want to give me.

I always figured that like me, you weren't born here, but got here as fast as you could. But dang, to go and ASK to join some yankee group! Just don't go showin up with some Long Island Ice Divers t-shirt.

Hello,

This Yank is more than happy to welcome any of y'all to dive in the NY area with the Yank group DIVE NY.

Sam

:popcorn:

Oh boy! This should be good!

Thanks for the invite Samantha! Much appreciated. I hope to eventually dive at least once in every state in the Union.

***Listening to the new XM/Sirius merger thing***
XM Rocks! ! !

:popcorn:

Oh boy! This should be good!

Thanks for the invite Samantha! Much appreciated. I hope to eventually dive at least once in every state in the Union.

***Listening to the new XM/Sirius merger thing***
XM Rocks! ! !

We also dive in NJ and PA. And next season we will do NJ wrecks and NC wrecks. Any SBer is welcome to join us.

We also dive in NJ and PA. And next season we will do NJ wrecks and NC wrecks. Any SBer is welcome to join us.

I am game.....now just to get a few of my Swamper buddies to climb aboard. As a very young lad I actually lived in Syracuse NY..

What am I witnessing.... Did you guys just come here for the 10 gallon hats and boots? I'm a Texas through and through. I was born in Austin. :D ... Sadly, I'm going to be moving to a niced wooded area in the country where if you listen closely you can hear people playing their banjos off in the distance.

Or coming to Travis with a Joisey upline and crowbar.

One of my Jersey (we spell it right and pronounce it wrong up North ...) wreck diver buddies is promising to show me how to make a real Jersey upline. I'll be practicing with it out in wreck alley (aka - the Old Travis Scuba Park) as soon as I can get it made. I don't want to look like a rank amateur when I take ScubaSamantha up on the offer to dive the wrecks in NJ/NC.

I figure all I need to do is add a little lasso to the end of it and it should work just fine ... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom