fuel saving Pods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, latest observations, my round trip to Monterey is about 390 miles, when I drove my beater Prius it took about 8.5gallons, it died last year so now I’ve bought a Kia Soul (finding any new car in the past year was a challenge and used were selling for more than new, I found this kia new just off the boat for msrp)
the Kia would do the trip using using 11.8 gallons, first hour was loaded with all of my gear and the next 2+ hours or middle 4+ for the whole trip was loaded with all of the gear for two divers. Friday after the trip the car took 10.2 gallons. It’s was hot and the a/c was on the majority of the time. I already drive fairly conservatively and try to keep it at 70 most of the time but sometimes I find I’m doing 85 just to stay in the flow.

I bought these with the magnetic base so I could move them around, this is how I’ve tuned them and when I’m coming off the hill (live in the Sierra foothills) I used to see the onboard MPG clock show about 39 mpg, as it doesn’t take a lot of gas going mostly down hill. The last trip it showed about 48mpg, this I believe is due to these little bumps making my box on wheels slip through the air a bit easier.
View attachment 735946
here you can see I’ve clocked in the outer 3 on each side, this improved things another 10% or soView attachment 735945
View attachment 735947

Going through a soft touch type car wash doesn’t disturb them but the outer ones got moved with a run through a regular car wash with the more aggressive brushes, didn’t knock them off but did move them but being magnetic it’s easy to remove them before such activity or just put them back in place.

I know it’s seems like snake oil but I think these actually include some snake.
Ok, I would move the Pods forward to where the rear door opens. Fine-tuning. It is interesting to see how each car is a
IMG_6861.JPG
little different. Also, we find the MPG gauge is not so accurate, as fuel going in and miles covered. You might like to go a step further with the pods I am sending you and try the sides to pick up another few extra miles. Thanks. Check out the video.https://aerohance.com/2-what-abc-news-affiliate-keyt-channel-3/
IMG_4892-fw.jpg

The AeroHance Guarantee – You see measurable fuel savings within 3 months or return for a full refund on your product purchase (shipping paid excluded). To claim a refund, please fill in the attached form and include it
Scan_20210218-(5)-fw.jpg
with your product return to:
AeroHance – Returns
2442 NW Market Street #135
Seattle, WA 98107
BUY NOW

Ok, I would move the Pods forward to where the rear door opens. Fine-tuning. It is interesting to see how each car is a View attachment 735964little different. Also, we find the MPG gauge is not so accurate, as fuel going in and miles covered. You might like to go a step further with the pods I am sending you and try the sides to pick up another few extra miles. Thanks. Check out the video.https://aerohance.com/2-what-abc-news-affiliate-keyt-channel-3/View attachment 735963
I first tried them forward of the hatch, my 3rd gen soul has a mora square rear lip so I saw some improvement with the trailing end, the beauty of the magnetic ones is I can keep trying different spots.
My wife was with me when I filled up and as I told her about the increased mpg she said I want some, for her Prius! So I may need some for her.

Was on holiday and almost forgot about this.

Fuel cost went up again by 12% at the beginning of July.

Is the rear metal or plastic.
Unfortunately it's plastic (well not magnetic)

Was on holiday and almost forgot about this.

Fuel cost went up again by 12% at the beginning of July.

Unfortunately it's plastic (well not magnetic)
No problem we make adhesive for that with 3m automotive. Can remove easy with wd-40 and keeps them on solid. Will be sending Lex some samples. We do USA production and have two plants overseas which used shoe sole waste for our material. Very lightweight and sponge 9-Pod Kit | AeroHance Pods Use code for Scubaboard discount IDIVE.

Attachments

• 20180412_180705_resized.jpg
    20180412_180705_resized.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 43
I first tried them forward of the hatch, my 3rd gen soul has a mora square rear lip so I saw some improvement with the trailing end, the beauty of the magnetic ones is I can keep trying different spots.
My wife was with me when I filled up and as I told her about the increased mpg she said I want some, for her Prius! So I may need some for her.
Ship 3 sets of Pods yesterday USPO. Enjoy a fun video..

Experiment continues with my wife’s Prius
A2C5FBD6-D039-4927-BD0B-7F7DA452DFAE.jpeg

I’ve replaced the magnetic ones with the stick ons on the Soul but added the mags in a few other spots just to see what happens.
899A88BB-F8DA-4A4A-8E3E-03EA205EDCF0.jpeg
AA28D229-4C8B-477D-912C-B8D758078B58.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom