fuel saving Pods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a few people who may give them a try.
Will have my assistant Robert Flores send you a few kit's and no charge. Thanks my friend.
a-today.jpg

Interesting. I may be willing to give it a shot.

DW

Excited to have Hexagroup in Houstonhttps://www.hexagroup.com/ marketing Aerohance for Susanne and me. We have a special 10% discount code for ScubaBoard members and that is IDIVE. Join in and save fuel and less charging times for electric vehicles. Homepage | AeroHance Pods Susanne and me after podding 16 BerryMan box trucks. Contract was for a total of 42 Box trucks that showed a 6% fuel savings. Commercial Fleet | AeroHance Pods
20200430_110333.jpg-fw.jpg

Ok, latest observations, my round trip to Monterey is about 390 miles, when I drove my beater Prius it took about 8.5gallons, it died last year so now I’ve bought a Kia Soul (finding any new car in the past year was a challenge and used were selling for more than new, I found this kia new just off the boat for msrp)
the Kia would do the trip using using 11.8 gallons, first hour was loaded with all of my gear and the next 2+ hours or middle 4+ for the whole trip was loaded with all of the gear for two divers. Friday after the trip the car took 10.2 gallons. It’s was hot and the a/c was on the majority of the time. I already drive fairly conservatively and try to keep it at 70 most of the time but sometimes I find I’m doing 85 just to stay in the flow.

I bought these with the magnetic base so I could move them around, this is how I’ve tuned them and when I’m coming off the hill (live in the Sierra foothills) I used to see the onboard MPG clock show about 39 mpg, as it doesn’t take a lot of gas going mostly down hill. The last trip it showed about 48mpg, this I believe is due to these little bumps making my box on wheels slip through the air a bit easier.
42C04D26-27F3-4790-A926-A629938310FD.jpeg

here you can see I’ve clocked in the outer 3 on each side, this improved things another 10% or so
B3D68449-33F1-42CF-BF1B-F410DCB28193.jpeg

68DD642D-4E27-4175-8060-25CD3FEA96F9.jpeg

Going through a soft touch type car wash doesn’t disturb them but the outer ones got moved with a run through a regular car wash with the more aggressive brushes, didn’t knock them off but did move them but being magnetic it’s easy to remove them before such activity or just put them back in place.

I know it’s seems like snake oil but I think these actually include some snake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom