Friday, 23 June 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Chicago, but dive in FL. Not true anymore, as I di
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Ft. Lauderdale next week on business and have time to dive on Friday morning. Thinking about LBTS shore dive. Anyone care to join me?

Sounds interesting. Won't know for sure if I can join you until next week.

I would love to give that a try. Haven't dove off the shore here yet, since I have only lived here for about a year now. Anyone know what the conditions are like?

Depends on the day. :)
Maybe awesome one day and no diving the next.
But generally the dive is very shallow, as in under 20ft. Add 2# of weight for the shallow conditions, as it will make your dive so much more enjoyable.

Shore diving was a no go today. Too much chop and a fairly strong wind coming from the east. I hope it's better for you guys tomorrow.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. So I am going out on the Lady Go Diver tomorrow morning. Gonna watch the fish watch me on the Sea Emperor.

If I can, I'd like to sit quietly on the sand. Let everything come to me.

Cool...you will have fun. Are they feeding the fish tomorrow or is that sunday?

It depends on the conditions, sometimes you can get the other boat passengers to do if for you :D

R

OK, FWIW there was 70 ft viz on the Sea Emperor this morning. I saw the hull from the deck of the dive boat. Stingrays, barracuda, G. groupers, and other kindsa interesting marine life.

OTOH, Hillsboro Ledge had a NE current that made it difficult to stay on the reef.

Three divers finished their OW training.

Garyfotodiver...70' viz is awesome!!! Never did the Sea Emperor. Sounds like it's worth a drop!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom