frameless choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank guys!
I did read before fit is #1 on a mask but I was going for a shop that allows return.

also some mask say Ultraclear lense other superclear or stuff like that would that really matter?

thank guys!
I did read before fit is #1 on a mask but I was going for a shop that allows return.

also some mask say Ultraclear lense other superclear or stuff like that would that really matter?

Not enough to over rule a good fitting mask. The Atomic has "ultraclear" lens, the green impurities are supposedly removed making it cleraer. Can't say when I put in on I thought "wow this is so much clearer than all the other non ultraclear masks I've owned". Possibly if I compared side by side I might be able to tell. In short I wouldn't get too worried about that aspect.

thank guys!

Order an atomic frameless mask, which has "Ultraclear lense other superclear or something like that," from leisurePro and send it back if it doesn't fit.

I dive the scubapro frameless and they now have a frameless mini for smaller faces and some cheaper optoins with the orbit and solo. The subgear action is also a good mask with a low volume. The ghost mask is nice but its all white (not for all people)

thanks for the replys it seem that the atomic is popular I found this review showing the FOV of some mask
Gear / Accessories | Scuba Diving Magazine
and here a review of the subgear sprite if im not wrong the smaller version of the subgear ghost
Gear / Masks | Scuba Diving Magazine
then I can only think that the SG Ghost would have a great FOV
does anyone know if the subgear action mask and ghost are the same?

I use a ScubaMax MK153 mask. I have a very hard face to fit so I went to every dive store and tried on every mask I could find. The MK153 fit perfect, this was a $50 mask at that store. The store employee/owner kept trying to get me to buy one of the better more expensive masks and told me the ScubaMax is a cheep mask and won't last. Well four years and 200 dives later it's still working perfect. I bought a second one at Dive Sports for $30 so I could have a spare of the perfect fitting mask. Weather it costs $20 or $120 when you are diving all that matters is fit. I would say this is one item best bought local.

HOG Predator
or
Dive Rite Frameless Single Pane Mask

I have one of each. They are inexpensive and fit like a glove. They fit my bigger nose well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom