frameless choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cloudbuster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ill jump in and say, buying a mask online is a risky venture. Mask design/style is not so important but fit is. My advice is to try masks on before you buy and when trying on put a snorkel or reg mouth piece in your mouth as this can affect sealing. I use an Atomic Frameless (MED) and like it a lot, main reason being it fits. If you must buy online choose a retailer that allows returns/exchanges. Good luck.

unless your face is deformed or you have a 5 month beard growing most masks should be fine.

I have the scubapro frameless and hollis m1.
both great masks, very comfy, wide field of view but also expensive.

Check out the Mako Website. I have several of their masks and like them alot.

My main mask that I settled into is an Atomic Frameless. I like them so much I have one as a spare too.

My main mask that I settled into is an Atomic Frameless. I like them so much I have one as a spare too.

Ditto. Prior to finding the Atomic MED, I had a Mares Liquid vision, seemed good in store not so in the ocean. An Apollo Bio-Metal, seemed good in store not so in the ocean, that one hurt coz it was rather expensive. This was also the case with at least 3 other masks. The Atomic frameless, MED, fitted beautifully in the shop and just as well in the ocean. I got worried that they would stop making them so bought another just in case.

unless your face is deformed or you have a 5 month beard growing most masks should be fine.

I have the scubapro frameless and hollis m1.
both great masks, very comfy, wide field of view but also expensive.

I think you will find for a large number people this is not the case.

You really can't buy a well fitting mask (fit is absolute key), without trying it on - sorry. You will be disappointed with even the very best of masks if it doesn't fit well and keeps leaking.

Henrik

two things:

1) I use the Atomic Frameless and LOVE it - use it in the great lakes and salt with equal satisfaction.
2) Find another dive shop and be sure you try in on - fit is everything!

Back
Top Bottom