Framed or Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me frameless masks way to go. I have Hollis M4, bought it like 4-5 years ago and still in perfect condition, I use same as back up as well. However mask is pretty personal thing that a mask works perfect on some people might not work for other at all.

I have a buddy literally bought and tried three quarter of the masks available in the market and still unhappy.

However, with the Sherwood I need to either apply some lanolin to my mustache right under my nose or trim it down a schooch under my nose to get a proper seal.

What is this ...."schooch"... you speak of?

I have a buddy literally bought and tried three quarter of the masks available in the market and still unhappy.
I feel that pain but thankfully the tusa freedom hd has solved my mask quest. Larger head, strong laugh lines and prominent brow has challenges:)

I feel that pain but thankfully the tusa freedom hd has solved my mask quest. Larger head, strong laugh lines and prominent brow has challenges:)
Tusa Paragon and Paragon S are my masks of choice - virtually leak-free for me!

Saw some reviews online about the Atomic having fogging issues. Do you think this is just do to inadequate film removal?
After trying a few different frameless masks I ended up getting the Atomic Frameless 2... available in three sizes the Black in Large fits my face perfectly, and the 'panoramic' view is stunning.

I did have some issues for the first couple of dives with it fogging despite trying all the usual tricks, in the end a different type of toothpaste (NEW! Whitening formula) did the trick.

After trying a few different frameless masks I ended up getting the Atomic Frameless 2... available in three sizes the Black in Large fits my face perfectly, and the 'panoramic' view is stunning.

I did have some issues for the first couple of dives with it fogging despite trying all the usual tricks, in the end a different type of toothpaste (NEW! Whitening formula) did the trick.
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, ...

Anyone have the VX1 mask and have thoughts to share?
I have one, my girlfriend uses, she likes it very much and it is good quality mask.

I have one, my girlfriend uses, she likes it very much and it is good quality mask.
Is the UV version worth the extra cost? Does it make the view dimmer underwater or does it just cut glare? If I dive at some deeper depths, the last thing I want is significantly less light. ON the other hand, if the reduction in light is very small with the coating, and it cuts scattering glare from debris, it may actually make the visibility appear clearer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom