Scubapro D-Mask vs Atomic Frameless for mustache?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DagrScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all... Looking for some recommendations for a good mask for someone with a mustache. I recently tried the apex vx1, but had a lot of nose leak.

Considering the d-mask since I've heard good things regarding facial hair. The atomic venom frameless also seems to be up there for a good seal.

Thoughts?

if you keep the moustache, water will come. it is inevitable.
Yes.. in the past I have had good luck with trimming the top and just clearing when needed. The vx1 seemed a bit more than that. Just looking to minimize as much as I can.

I shave The top just under my nose, I use the D mask and have had good luck with the Tusa Paragon too.

I shave The top just under my nose, I use the D mask and have had good luck with the Tusa Paragon too.

I tried that but didn't like the Hedley Lamar look. Or John Waters if that's an easier reference. I even tried shaving the whole thing one time but couldn't pull off the Amish "beard and no moustache".

I tried that but didn't like the Hedley Lamar look. Or John Waters if that's an easier reference. I even tried shaving the whole thing one time but couldn't pull off the Amish "beard and no moustache".
I’m sure my being as pale as a ghost with a gray beard helps and being 6’5” helps the perspective of the “little” people.

I’m sure my being as pale as a ghost with a gray beard helps and being 6’5” helps the perspective of the “little” people.

Dude, we're twins.

Which do you like better between those two?
Hard to say, I like the easy change lens that I can actually buy right from SP, the TUSA also has easy change lens’ but never found anyplace that sold them.
I also like the comfort strap on the D so it gets the edge, I have two of each type.

Hard to say, I like the easy change lens that I can actually buy right from SP, the TUSA also has easy change lens’ but never found anyplace that sold them.
I also like the comfort strap on the D so it gets the edge, I have two of each type.
Curious, how did you prep your d-mask? I see a lot of different opinions when it comes to new coated lenses

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom