Framed or Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the UV version worth the extra cost? Does it make the view dimmer underwater or does it just cut glare? If I dive at some deeper depths, the last thing I want is significantly less light. ON the other hand, if the reduction in light is very small with the coating, and it cuts scattering glare from debris, it may actually make the visibility appear clearer.
To be honest I have no idea, I have clear lens version and I never used lens with coated lenses. My buddy bought an Aqualung mask with coating and never used twice. So I can recommend you to try a before buy.

Is it better to get a framed or frameless mask when using prescription lenses, or does it not really matter?

Is it better to get a framed or frameless mask when using prescription lenses, or does it not really matter?
If you want to be able to easily swap between prescription lenses and non-prescription, framed is the way. I wear contacts with my frameless (Scuba Pro) as I far prefer frameless, but I can admit that it is not the best solution for veveryone.

YMMV

If you want to be able to easily swap between prescription lenses and non-prescription, framed is the way. I wear contacts with my frameless (Scuba Pro) as I far prefer frameless, but I can admit that it is not the best solution for veveryone.

YMMV

Not planning on swapping, going to have Custom Prescription Dive Masks bond them in a new mask permanently

Framed gives you more lens options but I still strongly prefer frameless. Lower volume frameless masks bring the glass/lens closer to my eye. I don't know why I prefer this, probably the subject of a new thread.

There are several variables. Stick-on plastic lenses, custom ground glued-on lenses, and contacts.

I dive in a lot, not like the elegant dudes from boards but crash into the ocean face first

78 018.JPG

Apparently you can tell how hard water is when you fall of a bridge as you're building one

It is ok, just a couple of cuts to the face, and I am still diving in, with the very best of them

I dive in a lot, not like the elegant dudes from boards but crash into the ocean face first

View attachment 744993

Apparently you can tell how hard water is when you fall of a bridge as you're building one

It is ok, just a couple of cuts to the face, and I am still diving in with the very best of them

I just started to miss your enigmatic poetic mysterious stories.

Nice to hear your complimentary voice my Muslim brother

I recently switched to the xdeep frameless mask. Very very happy with it. And very affordable too!
For those with fuzz on your face [like me] this mask is very good, like the Hollis M1 [my main or back up mask, does not matter ] it took a lot of cleaning, once done right it is a good mask.
XDeep is worth a look for facial hair IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom