Found: My daughter is missing from Copperas Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why simply stop now once one kid was found and the others are still missing???

That's quite the assumption on your part.
I'll tell you with absolute certainty that no one involved is going to "simply stop now".. Just the opposite.. But, that doesn't mean all the details are going to be flashed online at this time.

You totally missed the point of my post. By quoting only the first 3 words out of context, you are propagating that misunderstanding.

I don't know the OP and I don't care to know the details who, what why of what happened. What I said I was curious about NetDoc, before you manipulated my words, was that IF getting the public involved resolved her problem, and she knows that other kids are still missing in relation to this, then why not continue to public pressure. Why simply stop now once one kid was found and the others are still missing???
From kdhnews.com...
Missing teen found in Killeen

Posted On: Sunday, Jan. 3 2010 05:42 AM

Ashley Rene Sallwey, the 15-year-old Cedar Park girl who disappeared Monday while visiting her grandmother in Copperas Cove, was found late Friday night in Killeen, according to Copperas Cove police and her mother, Carrie Sallwey.

Killeen police released no information about the matter Saturday, and Carrie Sallwey said little about her daughter's condition but credited the networking of friends on social Web sites for locating her daughter.

She said Ashley was "not a runaway" but said she could not discuss why she went missing from the vicinity of a convenience store at the intersection of 23rd Street and Urbantke Lane in Cove.

Sallwey has not given the name of the grandmother Ashley was visiting.
That story does suggest that public involvement or social networking was helpful in finding the girl, but that the police are the ones who want to withhold additional information at this time.

If it had it been the girl's second runaway in a year, I'm sure that would have been very stressful as 15 yos are not capable of adequate self care and protection, hence our laws designed to help protect them from predators. Knowing that she did not runaway makes all this much scarier, perhaps because I have grandkids around that age in the same state, and I will be looking forward to news on arrests of whoever was involved. We do know of child slavery and abuse within our state, and every story is chilling.

For any interested here who have no looked around the net, Copperas Cove and Kileen are about 10 miles apart adjacent to Fort Hood, and both 50 someodd miles northerly of Cedar Park with is northwest of Austin...
click for larger ScreenHunter_06 Jan. 03 16.46.jpg

Wow Carrie, what a traumatic event that must have been. I just found the thread and I guess I'm too late to help. Very scary as I have a 15 year old daughter myself and I just realized I've actually met your daughter once coming back from a dive at Auqarena.

I hope this truly ends well for you and your daughter and the people responsible get what they deserve.

My daughter will heal over time, but this is not over. The public will know about what happened to Ashley. Many other children are missing with no leads.

Again, I would like to ask for everyone's help. The people responsible for Ashley's disappearance are still on the streets preying on children. I would like you to help petition the police chief and mayor's office to make this case their highest priority. I have put the email addresses for the Copperas Cove police chief and mayor below. If anyone could find this information for Killeen and post, I would be appreciative.

It is also important that certain officers are recognized for their dedication to finding my daughter.

Officer Todd Mallow - Killeen police. This is the officer that found my daughter.
Corporal John Oster - Copperas Cove police. He followed up on every lead we found Friday and pointed us in the right direction.
All the night patrol of the Killeen police who made it their priority to find Ashley when they found out she was in their jurisdiction.

The bastards that had my daughter need to be brought to justice.

Copperas Cove
Mayor John Hull: jhull@ci.copperas-cove.tx.us
Police Chief Tim Molnes: tmolnes@ci.copperas-cove.tx.us

Killeen
Mayor Tim Hancock thancock@ci.killeen.tx.us (254) 290-0310
Criminal Investigations Commander - lcaufield@ci.killeen.tx.us

Last edited:
My daughter will heal over time, but this is not over. The public will know about what happened to Ashley. Many other children are missing with no leads.

Again, I would like to ask for everyone's help. The people responsible for Ashley's disappearance are still on the streets preying on children. I would like you to help petition the police chief and mayor's office to make this case their highest priority. I have put the email addresses for the Copperas Cove police chief and mayor below. If anyone could find this information for Killeen and post, I would be appreciative.

It is also important that certain officers are recognized for their dedication to finding my daughter.

Officer Todd Mallow - Killeen police. This is the officer that found my daughter.
Corporal John Oster - Copperas Cove police. He followed up on every lead we found Friday and pointed us in the right direction.
All the night patrol of the Killeen police who made it their priority to find Ashley when they found out she was in their jurisdiction.

The bastards that had my daughter need to be brought to justice.

Mayor John Hull: jhull@ci.copperas-cove.tx.us
Police Chief Tim Molnes: tmolnes@ci.copperas-cove.tx.us

And made an example of, publicly. As a warning to others, and to alert other parents.

Holy crap! I just read through all of this. :shocked2:

Carrie, I'm so sorry. I hope you and Ashley are feeling better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom