Formulas for IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishdip

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any one have a good site for all the formulas I will need for the PADI IDC test in imperial? Try looking for them online all ready but not much luck.

You should also be able to find the formulas in the course books for OW and AOW.

-Z

Any one have a good site for all the formulas I will need for the PADI IDC test in imperial? Try looking for them online all ready but not much luck.
Are you actually taking an IDC and therefore have all the materials, or are you thinking about doing it and are trying to get a head-start?

Are you actually taking an IDC and therefore have all the materials, or are you thinking about doing it and are trying to get a head-start?
Trying to get a jump on it.

It looks like you've ended up in the wrong part of the forum.
For the forumula's check your PADI training booklets and or the Encyclopaedia of Diving??
If I'm correct all formula's have been mentioned in my DM training materials.

Succes studying.
They all are. I was more looking for a non print version with out having to buy all the extra digital material.

No real need to do this. The formulas part is pretty easy, and usually provided if needed. You are unlikely to find any such copyrighted and protected material on the web, namely the questions and answers. If you really want to study in advance, just read through the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and work through the Diving Knowledge Workbook.
I suck at remembering math. So not so easy for me lol

Here's the formula bring back ancient (for me) memories of high school science :cool:

Ideal Gas Law: PV=nRT

P=Pressure
V=Volume
n= amount of gas
R= ideal gas constant (or fudge factor)
T= temperature

Google ideal gas law, Charles's Law and Boyle's law for lots of background and examples if you want more of the theory and math than the PADI texts supply.

And for SCUBA - Boyle can stand for: Breathe Or Your Lungs Explode

You'll do much better at remembering them if you make your own list. There aren't really that many.

You should have a list of constants and a page of formulas.

PV=nRT is technically more correct, but it isn't used in any scuba calculations, at least for any class you'll take.

Daltons T is three different formulas, (P1V1)/T1= (P2V2)/T2 is another three.
You mostly just have converting depth to pressure, and equivalent air depth from there.

As you work through practice problems, add formulas and constants to your list. It'll be about 1 page total.

Back
Top Bottom