Forgotten gear ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a general question for all. Seems we have opened ourselves up to a lot of "self ridicule" lately, as in what do you look like (Syruss and I look alike, this is really scary ) and where does your screen name come from?

Well, here is the ultimate in scuba silly - Have you ever got to the dive site or boat and as you were getting suited up you realize that you have no suit, or boots, giant stride in without your weightbelt or etc. :livid:

What did you do ??

Convince your buddy to go back to the hotel room to get your forgotten gear?

Come on inquiring minds want to know!

Butch :peace:

You can't call yourself a reall diver unless you forgot your weightbelt at least a cople of times.

Imagine how it feels, after lecturing your students about bringing all of the gear down to the car before the dive, than after the car leaves, to find out you'v forgotten your weightbelt...

I also forgot my booties several times at home, than when i found out it was too late so I just dived without them.

Forgot light for night dives.

Hm.

Forgot a speargun for a spearfishing dive!

I'm sure there's more. I'm a forgetfull person, when I come up with more I'll post.

I wouldnt normally admit to this kinda thing.. buttttt.. once i took at class down to the springs and forgot my wetsuit since i was rushing to get everyone down there on time, when we got there i realized i had left it in the shop which was 45 mins away so that wasnt a option.. i remembered we had passed a dive shop just down the road so i ran over there and asked to rent a wetsuit.. being a instructor with a class they realized my problem and let we borrow one for free :)

It's when you bring all your stuff and Get in the water ready to swim out then you notice that you forgot to put on your weight belt.

Your buddy is suppose to check and tell you isn't he?

Or when your getting ready to do a Giant Stride off the back of a boat and the DM gives you the once over you go into the water and your BC falls off because the cumberbun wasn't fastened..

But the thing I hate the most is When I forget to switch from Snorkel to regulator.

I haven't done too bad. Forgot my booties and had to dive in my sandals because my Mares footpockets were really wide. Giant stride without my reg in my mouth. Packed DIN tanks and yoke regs, luckily someone on the boat had an adapter. Never forgot my weights but now that I said that I will!

Went to Fiji last year with a group of people on a holiday - the guy with 20+ years diving experience, who used to be an instructor, forgot his C-card and log book...

Well i havent forgotten anything yet, but i did strap on my weight belt and was about of the back of the boat when the DM noticed that my reg was stuck between me and the belt. I had forgotten to put it in my mouth.

does that count????

There I was looking all macho with my BC on real neat, my dive knife making me look like Richard Widmark in a 50's Frogman movie, technical black mask held nicely to my face, dive gloves properly cinched up, and all my air delivery/dive computer system properly held in hand. I strode down the length of the boat toward the platform to do a giant stride when the captain asked, "Say, don't you think fins would help?"

Ever hear of a "Technical Red" face?

Joewr

Hello,

Well one of my dive buddies and I went to the springs one weekend. We was rushing to get there and had 2 cars (he just got off work and we was abit late) On the way I drilled him on equipment that he brought. Turned out he left his wet suit, bc, weights, c-card, clothing, towel. Basicaly what he did bring was mask snorkel and fins. He said he wife (a non-diver) was suppose to pack his dive gear and the bag was left at the house. We turned around (about 15-20 mins away) and we discovered he forgot his house keys and we had to break into his house.

Ed

blacknet's takes the cake so far... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom