Forgotten gear ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI's zipperguard does not facilitate that much. If you don't get both handles, you are in for a chilly surprise. I have not done this, but I have seen this done.

I have forgotten that crucial snorkel to regulator exchange before, though.

Of course there is always the "I should have put together a save-a-dive kit" routine once you get to the dive site....You know the story....long drive/boat ride....fin strap has broken/gone astray......well, a little binder twine and some duct tape and that fin isn't going anywhere...

I now own more spare straps than I care to admit.

:goofy:
While on a trip, after 15 dives using "giant stride entry", I was on a smaller boat using the "back roll entry"..... did the roll.....forgot the fins. Didn't catch too nuch s--- from the rest of the boat.
MikeD

Last christmas my sister brought my dad an emergency kit. Its only about 15cm talls but inside its got all sorts....spare O rings, spare mouth piece to fit to the reg (my dad has a tendency to bite them off!) and finstraps and all sorts.

It was a great idea! As long as he doesn't forget to take it with him! :rolleyes:

I picked up the wrong weight belt once (pouche type) which was kind of fun as it had about 3 kilos less than I was using - still got down eventually as I did not realise my mistake until I got back on board......

Funiest I have seen by a long way though was - someone doing a giant stride entry, looking down realising that they had forgotten their fins, spitting the reg out shouting expletives only to hit the water and find out they had left their mask off as well!!! No it was not me!!!!

Still waiting for JoeWR to prove he is human though......

So iu sh-tsumon wa sukoshi hen desune? Jonoson-san wa saikin nihongo wo shaberimasku? Sosh_shte ima wa to-kyo- no seikatsu wa do- desuka? Sore de, nihon de sukuba wo yarimash-tika?

Man, it is strange to write Japanese in Romaji--especially since the past tense fully written is forbidden by this format! And, if you want to find out about more of my human gaffs, just ask my sons! Or Barbara...the list is long!

Joewr

Whao!

Still not that good yet!!! Though with the help of the trusty dictionary supplied on my welcome post I think I got most of that!! "And" really makes me chuckle as does "tomorrow" - but then I guess we have some words that doen't translate too well. And no more English v. American translations - I'll leave that to Belushi's thread!!!

Tokyo's great - I think that was your third question.... Started diving out here now and I can recommend it to everyone. Did get some funny looks though in my 3mm uettosu-tsu - well the water temp was 24 degrees and the air temp much the same - what did they expect? And they were talking about the season ending soon!!!!

Now looking forward to my lesson that involves a "question" - thanks

Jonathan

Well I have not forgotten anything yet. But with only 20 dives in I check and recheck before I leave. But I am off to St. Thomas in 12 days and I am worried that I will forget something!

I hope NOT to have a post to add when I get back.

As for me and Butch looking alike, my god what are the odds? But it's true he too is a handsome devil just like me :wink:

Syruss,

St. Thomas? Who are you diving with?

May I make a gustatory suggestion? For one of you meals, try stopping by a sort of trailer fast food place called Texas Barbeque. There is one in Red Hook and one in Charlotte Amalie and they have some very good food!

And if you are diving on the West Side of the Island, see if you can be taken to Flat Top East: it is one of the best dive sites that I have been to on St. T.

Of course, we will be expecting an erudite and timely report from you!

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom