Force Fins- Types of Kicks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you think a 19cuft pony costs $240, I'll sell you all you want at a super discounted price of $150 WITH SHIPPING and I'll still make money....

if you pay more than about $140 for a pony (even a 40cuft) with a valve then you are getting plowed in the buns my friend...

I just picked up a 30cuft for $119 with a valve, all new, manufacture date of 2 months prior to my purchase. New OMS deco reg for another $140, and I have a new deco bottle. total=$260 tank, valve, and a reg. I used a spare spg I had.

and $240 for a pair of force fins??? bro, the most expensive pair they make (tan deltas)is only about $210.

Boy your LDS is taking you for a ride if thats what your paying for some of your gear.
diving IS an expensive sport, but you can shop around and save a ton of money if you do a little reading and don't accept the local LDS' BS about "thats the cheapest you'll find it anywhere"...

nyresq once bubbled...
If you think a 19cuft pony costs $240, I'll sell you all you want at a super discounted price of $150 WITH SHIPPING and I'll still make money....

if you pay more than about $140 for a pony (even a 40cuft) with a valve then you are getting plowed in the buns my friend...

I just picked up a 30cuft for $119 with a valve, all new, manufacture date of 2 months prior to my purchase. New OMS deco reg for another $140, and I have a new deco bottle. total=$260 tank, valve, and a reg. I used a spare spg I had.

and $240 for a pair of force fins??? bro, the most expensive pair they make (tan deltas)is only about $210.

Boy your LDS is taking you for a ride if thats what your paying for some of your gear.
diving IS an expensive sport, but you can shop around and save a ton of money if you do a little reading and don't accept the local LDS' BS about "thats the cheapest you'll find it anywhere"...

nyresq: we were talking CA$. US$1.00 = ~CA$1.50. CA$1.50 = ~US$0.67

yes nyresq, if you make those offers in Canadian i will be happy to set up business with you. We can supply all of Canada. Usually when i buy gear i have a friend in the states buy it and ship it to me...one gets robbed with taxes, shipping, and brokerage fees if it is shipped fedex. Someone i know bought a 30cf pony from liesurepro with some bracket of some type. It was 160 american for pony and bracket + exchange + shipping + taxes + customs brokerage fee for shipping with fedex = 240 canadian. Thats why i gave that figure. You can do the same math for the force fins.
It sounds horrible but people in Canada make more money than Americans in general, at least the working class does...which sounds good in Canada except Canadians pay more for everything. It probably evens out, who knows. But we also get robbed with these bullocks ‘brokerage’ fee’s...which are just robbery. And in BC we still have to pay provincial tax even on things bought and shipped from the states...but not other provinces....it’s a farce.

etype once bubbled...
And in BC we still have to pay provincial tax even on things bought and shipped from the states...but not other provinces....it’s a farce.

Just so y'all know... our sales tax on most items is 14.5% in BC -- 7% GST to the federal gov't and 7.5% PST to the provincial gov't. Of course, we too have a "temporary tax on income" which came into place shortly after WW2 and we haven't seen it leave yet... so much for temporary!

The minimum wage in BC is $8.00/hr though most of the (hard)working class (i.e. labour) sees at least double that as a starting wage, and things skyrocket from there. For example, a pharmacist in Northern BC may be able to earn $100,000+ per year, depending on who he works for. This is after a four year degree...

You get the picture. Our economic situation is, well, interesting and certainly approaching a :boom:.

I was ignorant as to your canadian roots, I am truly sorry for your situation, EH?

I have therefore ritualistically beaten myself unconscious with a leather strop and beg for your forgiveness, the next step will be the severing of my mouse clicking finger and sending it to canada to show my guilt.

As for the bottles, I say, road trip dudes.

Or move south, close enough to the border to sneak across and start an underground railroad for scuba tanks and parts... EH?

:D

‘ritualistically’?...anyway when you send the severed mouse finger please label it a gift , we don’t want to have to pay tax on it. And send it groundmail, we don’t want to have to pay brokerage fee’s either.

We should make that a ‘under-water’ railroad for scuba tanks and parts....aye.

maybe try sending the guys at LP a case of canadian whiskey and they will mark your order "gift" so you won't have to pay tax...

nyresq once bubbled...
maybe try sending the guys at LP a case of canadian whiskey and they will mark your order "gift" so you won't have to pay tax...

Nice thought... believe me, you're not the first to think of that one. Unfortunately the tax & duty exemption for gifts only covers up to a $25 gift. If it *appears* to have a higher value than that, it'll get dinged. Of course, it's a crapshoot as to whether the box gets opened or even if taxes are assessed. I think the border guards might be grabbing that whiskey as it crosses and keeping it for themselves.

BTW: making a roadtrip of it doesn't help either -- you're still only allowed to bring a certain amount of product across the border w/o paying the tax on it.

I was very sceptical of ff's. I've always dove either turtles or 2000hf's and recently dove a pair of excellerators. I was very impressed. Frogs, flutter..any kick. Just effortless. I could really move and had no problems with my buds and their fins. So I have recently ordered a pair of excellerators. All my DIR friends call me the "AntiChrist". Inspiration Rebreather and Force Fins.

I'm looking for new fins and the FF's came to my attention. I mainly make simple dives, no tech stuff and no wrecks. Are FF's usefull for me?:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom