Force Fin Sticker shock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deco-Martini- Great questions, and I thank Meesier 42 for taking his time to help explain what I am doing. Over 30 years now I have listen to my customers and we now have a fleet of over 30 fin designs selling each day. Hey, we work our as.... off each day and see fins rolling out the door all over this world , made in my home USA. Four production plants and I have not move my production to Communist China. Now let's start this thread into the $7.50 fin cheap plastic that retails for $200.00 and is not made in my favorite country. I always say if we are going to help this world then we better take care of our selfs. Best bob

....tech divers do use them ??? trust me on this one ????? ...I've never seen a 'tech' diver use them...never seen them sold or promoted on any DIR/GUE oriented site/store/shop/book/video/DVD/instruction. Can you share with us the basis for your statement ?

Just saw a program on Discovery Channel where divers were diving in about 250' of water off the coast of England to explore a WW2 U-Boat. It was called "Deep Water Mysteries," or something like that. Sure looked like techies to me as I don't reckon the casual recreation diver would be hauling all that gear, going to the depth and sporting a re-breather! The main diver on the film was using a pair of ForceFins. :wink:

Any one of you can come to our store and try Force Fins, Force Fin Pro, Foil Force or even the Excellerating Force Fins, just give us a call. Pools available year round up to 17' deep, or come to Dive Valhalla with us for dives up to 110' - all indoors.

The 'efficiency' of the fins is not the only criterion. Ease of donning and doffing, maneuverability and packability all add to the value of these fins above others. That said, not everyone wil appreciate the differences, so we also carry Power Fins, Paddle Fins and Split Fins form other manufacturers and sell them also. I came from the ScubaPro Jetfin and really could not come around to the Force Fin Pro's due to the feel. When my air consumption dropped 30% in one dive, I learned to like them better, when I figured out how to back up without my hands for videography - I was sold forever.

Mark Hannifin, Family Scuba Center, Midland TX

Sibermike7, I think that diver on the Discovery channel might have been John Chatterton. I had a good visit with Kevin Gurr of VR Technology Limited at the Dema Show. He has been using the Excellerating Tan Delta for over 9 years now. Kevin is a Tek diver for sure. Also ran into Rosemary E. Lunn from UK and she is also a tekie. The list goes on and I think the Extra Force and Excellerating Force make sense for tech diving along with the new SD-1 Military fin. Best bob

Hey, Evans, what happened to "findoctor"? Did some of the poor boobs out there figure out it is a homonym for SPIN DOCTOR?

Pescador775, Fin doctor was a nick-name that started with a interview in Aqua-corps Magazine and friends use due to my years of research in fin design. I wanted to be who I am and that is Bob Evans. You play the game of spin master by not telling us who you really are. Your comments are rude to say the least and I like to provide you with a cement pair of fin's. Keep spinning your web, you Black widow.

In true ScubaBoard spirit, I'm now going to chime in with my opinion after every possible thing has already been said!

Every time somebody asks me about my Force Fins (almost) I tell them that I like them way better than all the other fins I've tried. If the discussion turns to how much they cost, I just leave it at, "They are high, whether you think they are worth it is up to you. I have no regrets." Or something like that. If I had a little bit higher income, I would seriously consider the higher end Force Fins. But for now the ones I got do everything I want them to do, and they do it really well.

Oh, and Bob? I'm still waiting for you to send me for free that pair of green Excellerating Force Fins in size XXL (with a spare set of bungees for my save-a-dive kit) so I can try them and tell everybody I know how great they are from personal experience. They must have gotten lost in the mail or something. Right?

Pescador775, Fin doctor was a nick-name that started with a interview in Aqua-corps Magazine and friends use due to my years of research in fin design. I wanted to be who I am and that is Bob Evans. You play the game of spin master by not telling us who you really are. Your comments are rude to say the least and I like to provide you with a cement pair of fin's. Keep spinning your web, you Black widow.

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom