Force Fin Sticker shock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a newbie half way through my OWC and loving it. Have had the opportunity to demo several fins and went with the Forcefin Pro. I am a strong swimmer and love the way I can go forwards and backwards. The FF Pros have made changing the zincs on my boat an enjoyable task.
I have a couple friends who are seasoned divers 25+ years each, they laughed at my new "goofball fins". I said try them while no one is looking and within minutes they were sold.
Can't justify $700.00 + for top of the line FFs but $225.00 for the Pros is very competitive I think.
Now I just have to weed through the numerous BCs available.

I am a newbie
Well, THAT is obvious! What kind of idiot are you?! You are supposed to buy dive gear based on how cool it looks, not how well it works! Man! :shakehead:
:rofl3:

Good for you i-c.
And you have already got those puppies trained to back up? You're amazing! :D

I can honestly say it has been rather enjoyable trying to get my FFs to perform in different ways. They are so adaptable it is amazing. Unfortunately, their adaptability is exactly why some divers (esp. some of the harder headed ones) cannot stand them. There just isn't the same feedback as you get from wooden planks strapped to your feet! :D

I have a couple friends who are seasoned divers 25+ years each, they laughed at my new "goofball fins".
:dork2:

"Seasoned"?? And they had never seen FFs?? Have you checked through their log books to verify how seasoned they are?? :D

Now if you had showed up with Morfins, then I would understand! :D

$225.00 for the Pros is very competitive I think.
Especially if it improves you SAC rate. They will pay for themselves, but who really cares? Comfort and ease in diving is worth the cost of a modest pair of tires for your old Ford truck.

Now I just have to weed through the numerous BCs available.
Bob is right now experimenting with adapting some of his older designs to create a new line of Force BCDs. Utilizing the latest technology in Polyurethane molds, they'll be virtually indestructible, just like their predecessors the Force Fins. :eyebrow:

Seriously, islandcool, if you are in love now, just wait! Your FFs will just seem to get better and better the longer you use them. After a while what you really notice about them is that you DON'T notice them. :wink:
Enjoy!

Sibermike, I will get Blair right on it. Working on the new Force fin xxl Flying force master today. Worked Saturday and Sunday on making new UDT masters. That fin takes a lot of material to cast. I was wondering, I might take some material weight out with some hand sanding. Tom Winter has been sent the first pair of tan delta material UDT fins. It will be fun to hear his comments on scubaboard. Mean while I am making the tooling for production and looking at a redesign of that foot pocket. The second I put that fin on my foot, my foot starting hurting and I was just sitting down. You should see what the positive shape of the UDT foot pocket looks like... reminds me of when I did a foot cast on my Jet fins. The foot shape reminds me of some thing you would split wood with, no relationship to a human foot. Hey off to sand. Best Bob

Glad to see you are following through with your idea to do the Flying Force in a bigger size than XL, mate.

I will have several people lined up to buy XXL Flying Forces when you get up to production!

Mine have just had another thrashing in the southern Red Sea, and I was sure glad of them when the current started pumping on a few of the offshore marine park dives.

Mark

Mark, I will set you up with the first pair for your dry suit diving. Making them in Tan Delta material, what color would you like?. I will start the next size large this week end. Thanks for your support. Best Evans

I Recently bought original force fins for about $150. Wanted a lighter smaller fin for carry on luggage on flights and was also hoping for less foot arch cramping. The force fins were great! Lighter & smaller, no cramping and providdeed all the power I needed. No problem gettng plenty of speed on those very rare occasions when speed is needed (only time I needed speed was when I wanted to see if the fins would provide it). One caution- they are slippery on decks.
Another benefit- I wear a size 13 - forget getting them on dive boats. Large force fin easily took boot and foot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom