for the newer divers ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was fun. Thanks again, Bob, for setting it up. And it was nice to meet you, finally!

We had 19 divers last night ... 8 new divers and 11 experienced ones. Thanks to all who participated.

Next month we'll do it on July 10th ... so as not to interfere with the July 4th week-end ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey, hello everyone! :)

Thanks for putting this together Bob, it got my butt back in gear and in the water. My behavior the last 7 months (with no dives) was inexcusable, and I hope to put a stop to that!

Writing the 10th onto my calendar right now. Please thank Raul for me again when you see him, Bob- he was very patient with me, and I learned some valuable things diving with him last night.

Folks, I'm sorry to say I won't be hosting any more of these mentor dives.

I've decided to part ways with Fifth Dimension ... and after careful consideration (and consulting with a couple lawyer friends of mine) I've decided I can't handle the potential liability on my own.

I'll still happily dive with new divers as time permits ... and on a strictly ad hoc basis ... but hosting an event like this puts all the liability squarely on my shoulders if something goes amiss, and I'm not sure my instructor's insurance would handle it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

But if we were all to happen to show up at alki at the same time and buddy up, you'd be able to join us? : D

NWGratefulDiver:
Folks, I'm sorry to say I won't be hosting any more of these mentor dives.

I've decided to part ways with Fifth Dimension ... and after careful consideration (and consulting with a couple lawyer friends of mine) I've decided I can't handle the potential liability on my own.

I'll still happily dive with new divers as time permits ... and on a strictly ad hoc basis ... but hosting an event like this puts all the liability squarely on my shoulders if something goes amiss, and I'm not sure my instructor's insurance would handle it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob,

Sorry to hear this, but at the same time we had a conversation a few years ago :D

I know that I owe much to you for your assistance. If anyone here has an opportunity to dive with Bob, you will needless to say learn a great deal! At the same time, as an instructor/dive leader, he is hanging his ***** right out there.

As I am 3000 miles away, I have no idea what happened at 5th D.. But I also know that you had yourself spread a tiny wee bit thin :D

Jeff

(going for the Tri mix stuff next week :D )

Hey, like, what Kwbyron said. An Orca Bait Dive at Alki some evening. All clandestine like, you know, code names. No training, per se. Just diving.

Eh?

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...say no more.

I made that jokingly like, but I never really considered the other gatherings anything more then that, just friends diving together.

Kwbyron:
I made that jokingly like, but I never really considered the other gatherings anything more then that, just friends diving together.
Unfortunately, if someone got hurt, a lawyer wouldn't see it that way.

Got a few PM's already, and might as well say it right out to put a plug on the rumor mill.

I had a really good time at 5th D and enjoyed teaching there. But with gasoline at $3 per gallon, it just doesn't make sense for me to be commuting from Federal Way to Issaquah to teach classes. The economics just don't work out, and I've managed to put 53,000+ miles on my car in the past couple years.

I'm going back to being an independent instructor ... and probably teaching classes in my dining room. Saves a lot on commuting costs. But it does put some limitations on what I can and can't do ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom