For shore diving in Bonaire, do you need to drag a float around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know the specific regulations on floats for Bonaire, but I have never seen anyone diving with one. I do take a SMB with a 6m line attached to use during my safety stop if there are any kite boarders around.

I have never used one and never seen one used. Given that flags have never been mentioned in any of the orientation sessions I have sat through, I doubt that there is any rule about them.

An SMB is a wise move especially on the southern sites where the kiteboarders sometimes stray into the shallow water.

No dive floats/flags needed.

Nope - no dive flags / floats usually needed. Other than the comment above reagarding diving where the windsurfers and kitesurfers are on the south side. That can be treacherous. People do report close calls along areas like Yellow Sub where small boats and jet skis (fairly rare actually) sometimes come into shore too close. Always watch and listen as you surface from a safety stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom