flower gardens soon....couple questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks again everyone. twelve days to go, i'm getting excited! and i'm hoping that with all this rain we've been having in houston, that it's kinda getting it all over with and the weather will be great by then. gotta think positive! keep those tips comin!

Im going on the Fling from the 10-12th of July. Im definetly more prepared than I was last year but no less excited. This year I have my own equipment, my Dan insurance, another 20 + dives under my belt since last year. Also, since that trip I have wanted to take the Nitrox course but didnt have time due to work. I contacted the shop I set up the trip with and I'll be getting Nitrox certified on the trip. This may possibly be my last diving trip of the winter due to travel for my work but it looks like it will be a good one.

Crawl79:
Im going on the Fling from the 10-12th of July.

I'll be seeing you there :)

My daughter and I are going to be on the mv spree jul 24-28. I went a few years ago, and it was great.
I would highly recommend bringing a backup dive watch and tables. When I went last time, my computer filled with water on the FIRST dive with no warning. Luckily I had a watch and tables. It saved my dive trip.
Carrie

thanks! i bought dive watches for hubby and myself and plan on having the tables in my bc pocket! apparently it's a very good idea!

yes, am bringing gloves. they are thicker than reef gloves, but will be fine. i understand you need them out there for the descents/ascents. do they allow you to keep them on during the whole dive if of course you swear not to touch anything? we bought gloves because when we did our certification dives it was a february, in a 55 degree murky lake, but everywhere we've been since, gloves have not been allowed.

Back
Top Bottom