flower gardens soon....couple questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks so much everyone! everyone's been great with their tips. nine days to go!! you can't tell i'm excited huh? tee hee hee

ParamedicDiver1:
Fastmarc,
The Myth Busters on the Discovery Channel did a show on motion sickness pills and they gave favorable reports for the Ginger pills. Hope that helps. :)
Actually I saw that episode as well. I first heard about ginger pills here and it seemed to work on that show.
I don't think I get sea sick that easily, but I'm not sure about staying out at sea for 4 days. Just wanted some insurance.
It would suck making that trip and having spoiled by getting sick.:(

I just got back from my Flower Garden's trip 7/9 - 7/12 on the Fling. Most important thing you can bring is sea sickness patches, put one on about 10 hrs before the trip. Trust me on this. I didn't get sick, but several show said they would - did. Also, when you sit at the tables for meals, sit towards the inside of the boat, not by the Window. These boats rock up and down, and it rocks less at the middle. There are convenient plugs by the light switch at each bunk. Biggest tip: Run to the ship from the dock to be the first to select your bunk. Don't get caught out in the hall under the stairs. Enjoy.

Good post Paul, I agree with all that you said. I personally never get seasick anymore but from knowing what it feels like. I personally take one seasick pill before I get on the boat just in case. I dont want to make anyone on the boats life less fun especially my own.
Only other tip I have is listen to the dive masters.
Had a great trip and it was nice diving with you Paul.

thanks guys. i'm ready with the meclazine. will start taking it the night before boarding. will definitely listen to the dive master. i can't wait! keep those good weather vibes goin! would love to see a whale shark and a manta ray. care to guess the odds on that??

My daughter and I will be on the MV Spree next week. I'd like to take a 100 cf tank, but we're headed for Port Aransas for a couple weeks after the dive trip, so I don't want to rent it locally. Is there anywhere in Portland that I can rent a 100 tank?
Thanks
Carrie

carrielsal:
My daughter and I will be on the MV Spree next week. I'd like to take a 100 cf tank, but we're headed for Port Aransas for a couple weeks after the dive trip, so I don't want to rent it locally. Is there anywhere in Portland that I can rent a 100 tank?
Thanks
Carrie

Hey Carrie,
Is this the Carrie I know??? Sure sounds like it....strange coincedence if not :confused:

I dont know off hand about shops down there, but there's got to be something in Portland, Port Aransas or Aransas Pass. I seem to remember a dive shop around Aransas Pass when I was in the Navy in Ingleside....which reminds me....if this is "THE" Carrie :) then you could as Don...he know's what's down in that part of the world.......

Sure wish I was going with ya! I'm going at the end of September....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom