flower gardens soon....couple questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and another dive buddy both tried dramamine with no luck. But the patch worked for both of them.

How about those ginger pills? Do they work?

Also, would one of those dive travel bags (the kind that can hold all your gear, but have to be checked on) be too big to carry and stow under your bunk?
I could then use a mesh bag on deck?

Can I piggy back on this topic and ask a question too? :D

I was curious about what it is like on the boats that you stay on at the FG. I have never been on a boat longer than a few hours. The thought of being on a boat overnight doesn't really appeal to me, but I REALLY want to see the FG sometime in the not too distant future. What is it like after the diving is done? Is there anything to do? Do people socialize enough to keep you from feeling stir crazy stuck out there? Is it hard to sleep on a boat in general (realizing that would vary on weather conditions)?

I have never gotten sea sick, but being stuck for 2 days on a smallish boat just seems like it would make me crazy! So, tell me what the non-diving time is like, por favor:)

I hardly seem to sleep the first night out due to the motion of the boat and the noise of the engines. After a couple of dives on the Saturday it catches up with me and I spend most of my non diving time sleeping.

Between diving,eating ,talking diving and sleeping you won't get bored.

Take some drowzy dramamine the first night, and you could get some zZz's, then Saturday, between diving, eating, analyzing your tanks (if your diving nitrox), and getting ready for the next dive, you won't get bored. The boat itself is not small by any means. With 32 people out there with you, you should be able to make a friend or two, and on the way back in, there's nothing like chillin' on the top deck catching some rays with a brew in hand. You never know, you could meet your next dive buddy on one of the trips...

There are DVD's, food, a nice sun deck, friendly people always willing to talk diving, food, your bunk, food, some people bring a book to read, and in case I didn't mention it, plenty of food.

TwoBit

Some folks, when they get bored, go up and play in the life rafts. But the captain frowns on that.

Start out with a short trip (7 dives) and go from there.

The old red rafts are gone. They have been replaced with a much more modern self deploying type of raft.

The boats do have life boats, they just aren't the old red ones that sat on top of the house.

TwoBit

Back
Top Bottom