Trip Report Florida Dive Trip June 27 to July 7, 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Richard- yes, we are scheduled to do Blue Heron Bridge on Tuesday. 2 morning dives with Loggerhead in Boynton and time enough to get back to West Palm for a BHB shore dive and catch the tides right. We are all looking forward to it. Will be my 3rd time, but first time doing it with a local and knowledgeable guide who should be able to direct us to all the critters we want to see.

Keep an eye on the news today. Palm Beach County will be almost certainly closing their beaches for the July 4th holiday since Miami-Dade and Broward have closed theirs. This will result in the closure of the beach at Phil Foster park and therefore shut down from-shore diving at Blue Heron Bridge. I doubt they will close the beaches until closer to the weekend but monitor the news regardless.

Keep an eye on the news today. Palm Beach County will be almost certainly closing their beaches for the July 4th holiday since Miami-Dade and Broward have closed theirs. This will result in the closure of the beach at Phil Foster park and therefore shut down from-shore diving at Blue Heron Bridge. I doubt they will close the beaches until closer to the weekend but monitor the news regardless.
Closure is confirmed, Coronavirus: Palm Beach County beaches to close July 4th weekend the county will issue an official order with specifics today. Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe Counties have already issued closures from July 3-5 or 7.

Greg, hope your dive on July 1 is not affected, probably not. I assume you were too tired to post day 3 last night, look forward to hearing about it and day 4 :)

Closure is confirmed, Coronavirus: Palm Beach County beaches to close July 4th weekend the county will issue an official order with specifics today. Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe Counties have already issued closures from July 3-5 or 7.

Greg, hope your dive on July 1 is not affected, probably not. I assume you were too tired to post day 3 last night, look forward to hearing about it and day 4 :)

Still awaiting confirmation on just when they will be closing the beaches. I'm assuming 12:01 am on Fri 7/3 but it could be sooner. Hopefully the group's BHB dives won't be impacted.

Still awaiting confirmation on just when they will be closing the beaches. I'm assuming 12:01 am on Fri 7/3 but it could be sooner. Hopefully the group's BHB dives won't be impacted.

Beaches will be closed Fri-Sun reopening Monday they just announced. Broward beaches also reopen Monday, Miami-Dade Tuesday.

As long as you all are diving the Bridge Mon-Thu of this week are are fine. But do expect a crowd. Be sure and arrive early!!

Annotation 2020-06-29 130127.png

You are correct about me being too tired last night LOL. I thought we were doing two afternoon dives and a night dive. We had a twilight dive thrown in that I didn't anticipate. Didn't get back to West Palm, bathed and in bed until 1am. Will get out day 3 and 4 reports in a bit.

As long as you all are diving the Bridge Mon-Thu of this week are are fine. But do expect a crowd. Be sure and arrive early!!

View attachment 595057
Thanks for the posts- We will be diving BHB tomorrow afternoon. We head to Key largo on July 2nd and will be there diving through the 6th. Parking lot was maybe 1/3 full about 30 minutes ago as we drove past. Hopefully it won't be bad tomorrow.

I'm too lazy to like all the posts so let this suffice to express a "like" for all of @Trailboss123 posts.

View attachment 595057

Diving BHB at 5:30 pm on July 2nd. Based on what you posted, looks like that is possible. Whew.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom