Flipper Nipping: Short, shorter, shortest fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@MAKO Spearguns regarding fins:
So this coming weekend we will be at a DC hotel pool for weekend in which I can continue my fin shortening experiments. I should have asked sooner, but would you happen to know the average height of buyers in your Ladies size nine fins? Are the fins longer in larger vs smaller sized fins, or just the foot pocket? My reasoning is that if my legs are x% shorter than the average, that might be the right amount of shortening for the second set of fins. I also can try simply shortening to fit in a suitcase, (disconnected from foot pocket), but not sure if there will be enough left to call them freediver fins. The uncut fins were my daughter’s Xmas present, so i can only cut one pair.

Thanks for the inquiry. We do not alter the length of the fin blades based on the size of the footpocket.

Good luck in the pool.

Go to any good dive shop and buy a pair of zoomers. They are a hell of a lot of fun in the pool and will give you a baseline with respect to how far you can go with your axe.

:wink:
Zoomers are cute, But i just want fins short enough to fit in my carry on suitcase. After that, i still want them to propel me through current, or up from bottom or whatever.

Oh. Simple.

Lay your Mako's across your luggage and have at it with your axe, Eugene.

I can almost guarantee a wonderful outcome. They are stiff suckers...

Oh. Simple.

Lay your Mako's across your luggage and have at it with your axe, Eugene.

I can almost guarantee a wonderful outcome. They are stiff suckers...
They ARE really stiff. My fiskars may not do the job this time. Hacksaw? Bandsaw? Breadknife? I will try this tomorrow, as we are leaving Thursday for DC, and they have to fit luggage by then.

Back
Top Bottom