Fishers Island Wreck Diving Sunday June3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usmarinekurt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone interested?
Leaving New London launch to dive the V off my 28 foot boat
2 experienced divers with the right gear- meaning back up bottles

leave dock by 730

I just may be interested. Please explain the site a little. I just got a bunch of new gear I'd like to check out. As it's a substantial change in gear I don't want to overdo it.

Sure- I dove the Volund Sat & Monday, depending on the slack tide cycle the dive ranges from 94-108 feet.
Viz was 10-20 feet, was opening and closing as we cruised along the wreck.
I wore a 100 CF steel tank & carried a 40 deco bottle each time
Got approx 25 min total each dive.
Its a b ig upright ship with alot of structure.
Need to hit slack cause once the tide starts moving there is a good current & the diving is done- time to break out the diamond jigs

It sounds like a lot going on for trying out new equipment and the rig I am comfortable with is not right for that dive.
I just got a DUI CF 200 SSBP/w and dusted off my twin 72's. Doesn't sound like a need a deco bottle for that plan but I do have that as my next progression. I think I'll pass this week and keep with the plan to test the rig out in a nice boring quarry. Doing some Great Lakes wrecks in 3 weeks. I'll check in when I get back and perhaps I could join you later in the season.

I'd be interested. What day? We tried to dive the V last year but couldn't hook in. +1 on slack that's right in the middle of the Race and converging currents. There's white caps there without wind, just from the currents! What was the bottom temp?

Temp is about 56 degrees at depth
no white caps either day I was there. Just a current once it started moving
sunday is the day

Temp is about 56 degrees at depth
no white caps either day I was there. Just a current once it started moving
sunday is the day

Sounds good! I need to check a couple of things but I'm 99% sure I'm a go. One dive? Return time? Sunday is visit the Granddaughter day so I need to plan for that after the dive(s).

I didn't mean to imply that there are always white caps there but there can be and without wind. Ferious looking!

One dive on the v and one on another wreck closer to shore
on sundays I like to wrap up early if poss. Usually boats on trailer by 4 at latest

One dive on the v and one on another wreck closer to shore
on sundays I like to wrap up early if poss. Usually boats on trailer by 4 at latest

I'm going to take a pass. My wing was leaking during the last dive I did. I thought I had fixed but no. Brought it to the LDS and they told me they'd need to order a new dump valve. So I'm a landlubber this weekend. Thanks for the invite, maybe next time, would have loved to have gone.

Sorry for the late response,this trip was canceled
hopefully next wweekend will be better
yesterday weather set me back a day

Back
Top Bottom