First time pictures using Canon A720IS in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great variety! Very nicely done :)

I would, however, suggest that you try f4 or smaller for your aperture as 2.8 leads to "soft", not quite sharp, photos quite a lot of the time. I can't remember the last time I opened up beyond f4 on my Canon A series cameras.

I have the same camera and housing, and have been experimenting with various settings. Your first time is much better than my first time with this camera. I really like the camera, and will try the settings you used the next time, which will be a NW Bahamas liveaboard trip.

Thanks for sharing!

What a great variety! Very nicely done :)

I would, however, suggest that you try f4 or smaller for your aperture as 2.8 leads to "soft", not quite sharp, photos quite a lot of the time. I can't remember the last time I opened up beyond f4 on my Canon A series cameras.

Thanks. Will try that next trip this fall.

Great shots, I really like the juvenile french angelfish. Bonaire is a great place for sharpening those photography skills.

Also, I think that puffer is a Sharpnose Puffer with the Juvenile Blue Tang.

Excellent shots, A coworker just got back from Bonair and he keeps telling me how incredible it is. Seeing these definately makes we want to get there quicker.

Scott, great pics----I knew you could do it!!!!!....Really nice work there, I'll now have to try a little harder in Cozumel next month...lol(Alcina, we did good, thank YOU for all the info)..........Joe......

Nice shots!

I just ordered an A650 (with Canon housing) to take along to Grand Cayman in June. I was originally going to get the 720, then changed my mind at the last minute and ordered the 650. Hope I don't regret it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom