First time pictures using Canon A720IS in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice shots.
Toby is a juvenile Blue tang.
If you camera will display histograms on the screen, they are a very powerful tool to use to judge your exposure on the fly. A lot of displays don't do a good job of accurately showing the actual exposure, once you learn to interpret a histogram you will not have to guess if your exposure is correct or not.

PM sent again.

Great shots--you did the most important thing--getting close. Bonaire is just great for photographers--no groups to keep up with--just take your time and work the subject. I was there in early July--here's the link to my shots: bonaire_608 Photo Gallery by Mel Moncrieff at pbase.com
The only difference is, I spent a small fortune on strobes:)

Is that Charlie, the Tarpon? There was a big (6 foot) Tarpon they called Charlie at the reef off Buddy dive who like to hunt by our lights at night. There's a photo of him on my website.

Mel

Thanks all for the great tips. My first time out with the A720 was decent but after reading these posts and a little more practice I was much more pleased with the results from my second trip. See link for pics from my recent trip to the Turks & Caicos.

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=46b5f4b35cb6698e26cd1d30d33b21f1

P.S. I'm a little displeased with Shutterfly in that it cropped some of my photos and cut off small parts of the subject matter. Some photos are actually better than they appear!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom